ways to...

marko90

For aspiring song writers what is the best way to get your songs noticed by artists?? the reason I ask is because I think I want to get my music out there soon, because I would like to be a song writer as a hobby and if I can get some connections it would be great... any guidance help, personal experiances etc.., would be appreciated...thanx

Guess you should record some of your songs first, I mean, at home, on a cd, tape, whatever... You should also play them in a bar or a park, so people will get to know you a little. Another way is to make as many copies as you can of your homemade cd and send them to all the record companies. Hope it helps... By the way, if you have friends who are dj´s, fantastic! They will play your songs on the local radio if they´re really friends. In any case, insist...

If you were really serious about a career in music, I'd recommend applying to Berkely College of Music, Music Tech in the twin cities or some other music education institution. If you major in songwriting, you meet other aspiring artists to play your songs and a load of other connections. My friend is graduating from Music Tech this spring and he already has a job lined-up with Warner Bros. If that's not your game, then try recording a demo and handing out copies to DJ's in the area.