All Things Bond

CanAm

Any and all James Bond fans out there, I'd be interested to hear your answers to the following questions:

Who was the best James Bond and why?

Who was the worst James Bond and why?

Who was Bond's most formidable adversary?

What are your favourite Bond flicks?

Which was the worst Bond film?

In my opinion, Sean Connery's portrayal of Bond was far and away the best. Physically, the actor closely resembles the character described in Fleming's books. In the books, James Bond was an urbane, well-educated man with expensive tastes , a ruthless streak and a firm belief that the end justifies the means. Connery did the best job of portraying these characteristics on screen.

George Lazenby was the worst Bond simply because he couldn't act. The producers wasted a perfectly good screenplay on a male model from Australia. Imagine what chemistry there could have been between Diana Rigg and Sean Connery.

Goldfinger was Bond's most formidable adversary.

My favourite Bond films in descending order are:

From Russia With Love

Dr. No

For Your Eyes Only (great stunts and wonderful locations)

Live And Let Die

Thunderball

The worst Bond film was The Living Daylights. Lame story and dreadful acting (I use the word loosely) by Tanya Roberts. The film also had one of the series' worst music scores.

:happybanana:

I haven't seen all the Bond movies and am not a huge fan, but I agree with your choice of best Bond---Sean Connery kicks butt.

As for worst, for me it's Timothy Dalton simply because he had a whole set of Samsonite luggage under each eye!

I don't know about his most formidable adversary, since I haven't seen all of the movies, but the last guy from "Die Another Day" was pretty nasty.

As for the movies: Live and Let Die, Goldfinger, and For Your Eyes Only are good ones.