Best & favourite Cover Songs

Adam34688

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

I think Matthews Southern Comfort did a great cover of Woodstock .It was really psychedelic back in 1971....for me anyway :bow:

Excellent choice, Easy Rider! I love this version of Joni Mitchell's tune more than hers or the one recorded by C,S,N,& Y.

I like Nazareth's version of another Joni Mitchell song, "This Flight Tonight".

I slso like Linda Rondstadt's renditions of Roy Orbison's "Blue Bayou" and Buddy Holly's "It's So Easy".

:afro:

• 1 month later...

I heard a cover of Chris Isaak's "Wicked Game". Normally, the mere thought of that would make me cringe and run amuck lambasting Black Metal, but this one was surprisingly good. Whoever the guy from H.I.M. is :angel: has decent chops to tackle some of the high notes.

I heard a cover of Chris Isaak's "Wicked Game". Normally, the mere thought of that would make me cringe and run amuck lambasting Black Metal, but this one was surprisingly good. Whoever the guy from H.I.M. is :angel: has decent chops to tackle some of the high notes.

Ville Valo... *swoon* They were brilliant live too!

I just heard an incredible cover of The WHite Stripes - Seven Nation Army (I really love that song - and the WHite Stripes) ---the cover by the Flaming Lips ( who- incidentally- I also love) it's on a disc called Late Night Tales.

Johnny Cash's version of Hurt - by nine inch nails- is amazing and all the covers on A Perfect Circle's Emotive are also amazing. Especially when the levee breaks.

Nirvana - The man who sold the world - and Leadbelly's Where did you SLeep Last Night----absolutely spinetingling!

:coolio:

Ryan Adams does a good cover of Oasis' Wonderwall, and The Corrs did a beautiful cover of Ryan's "When the Stars Go Blue." I like Manfred Mann's cover of Quinn the Eskimo better than Dylan's original, and 10,000 Maniacs did a great version of "Because the Night" on their MTV Unplugged performance.

Soul Girl wrote:

jeff buckley did millions of covers and made his own of every one - incredible!

I tend to think the same thing about Bryan Ferry, David Sylvian, and Chris Isaak. At his last concert, Chris Isaak did a good rockabilly version of Cheap Trick's "I Want You To Want Me" :guitar: Oh man. I wish I had that on cd :headphones:

earth_angel wrote:

Ville Valo... *swoon* They were brilliant live too!

Hey, angel. Have you given Razed In Black a spin? I tend to remember back in my dressed-in-black daze, Romell and co. used to draw a similar sort of reaction from the gals :beatnik:

jeff buckley did millions of covers and made his own of every one - incredible!

You are sooooo right SoulGirl...I think I love Jeff Buckley almost as much as you do! Do you like Elliott Smith and Rufus Wainwright too? My 3 favorite singer/songwriter types, I'm beginning to like Kings of Convenience very much too. :bow:

that's so funny, i was just listening to 'quiet is the new loud' this morning - i've had it on my i-river for a year and never listened to it but decided since my soulsis recommends it so highly that i should give it a whirl - i really like it, very reminiscent of simon & garfunkel. i haven't heard much rufus wainwright although sue loves him too! i have to track some down. i love elliot smith - i was so sad when he died. my boy played at a tribute gig for him in cork without me cos i'm living over here in germany so couldn't take part.

i like all of them alot but nothing comes near jeff for me. i absolutely worship him. i can listen to him forever and still find something small in the arrangement that i hadn't noticed before. he's a huge influence on my singing as well. and he was partly responsible for bringing my boyfriend and i together. i can't even explain how much jeff has affected and changed my life.