Best & favourite Cover Songs

Adam34688

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

but I will say Simple Man. They did a pretty good job by not changing very much about it.

Who covered who?

It's hard to narrow it down, but I'll try.

RHCP's cover of Stevie Wonders' "Higher ground" is great.

But my favorite would have to be SRV's cover of "Little Wing" by Jimi Hendrix.

This is a tough one for me. I could go the conventional way and say a Bob Dillon song like Knockin on Heavens Door, or All Along the Watchtower,

I don't think that's controversial, most people would agree that Hendrix's "Watchtower" is better than Dylans...Well most people I've asked anyways.

oh, has to be The Beatles version of "Twist & Shout" originally by the Isley Brothers. Now that is a rockin song. John Lennon's voice sounds out of this world! :rockon:

I read that they recorded that version on the last effort after an all night recording session where the smoking and singing had shredded John's vocal chords.

My two favorite covers are Ray Charles' "What'd I Say" covered by Rare Earth and Dylan's "Like A Rolling Stone" covered by Jimi Hendrix.

There has been quite a few good covers over the years but the one that stands out in my mind is Aerosmith's version of the Beatles Come Together. I am not a fan of the Beatles songs being covered, but I admit this was an excellent cover which first appeared in the movie Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band.

The Four Seasons covered Dylan's "Don't Think Twice" under the name of Guess Who. (Not THE Guess Who!!). It was a novelty record of sorts. My sister read Tiger Beat and 16 back in the mid 60's. One of those mags had a contest..Guess who the mystery band was. The mag actually had a plastic record in that issue of a band called Guess Who. It was obviously Frankie Valli and The four Seasons. :thumbsup:

• 1 month later...

I am finding it fun to download covers by certain artists, and i have just compiled a cd of Neil Young/Pink Floyd covers. I had to leave out some good ones, but oh well.

See Emily Play-David Bowie

Cinnamon Girl-Radiohead

Have A Cigar-The Who

Rockin' The Free World-Van Halen

Comfortably Numb-Tool

Old Man-HIM

Wish You Were HEre-Wyclef Jean

Heart OF Gold-Stereophonics

Money-VElvet Revolver

After The Goldrush-Flaming Lips

HAve A Cigar-Primus

Southern MAn-U2