Movies you've recently bought on DVD or VHS

PSYCHOcatholic

I just got Mr. Hollands Opus on DVD. This is like a really great movie i never really thought id like. The significance of John Lennon songs is great, and i think the whole Timeline of the movie is amazing, just how he goes through alot of important parts of history. vienam, jfk getting shot, John Lennon gettin killed. Just everything.

And you gotta love his American Symphony at the end.

I also just got Troy and Collateral. Troy is better than expected. Brad Pitt plays a good role. Collateral...lets just say, it could have been better.

any thoughts on these movies??

Movies you recently got??

I just bought Groundhog Day last week, it was on sale and I've been wanting it for a while. To many it's just a lesson in redundancy of scenes, and even I'll admit Bill Murray is no great actor. But this movie touched me when I first saw it many years ago. I found it really deep and meaningful. Others I've recently bought (used) are The Terminal Hanks is a great actor, this story is very interesting well directed. Robinhood prince of thieves, ok no dances with wolves but I love this period and it's a classic story done really well in this film. And lastly, recently, one I still haven't seen is Prizoner of Azkaban.

Yes I am a movie freak, My first material love is music and a close second is films.

I just bought Garfield, King Arthur (Directors Cut), and KISS Live in Las Vegas.

I've seen Garfield before, just wholehearted family comedy, made me laugh and that was a good enough reason for me to buy it. King Arthur I've not seen yet, I like historical films, but I've heard from a friend that it isn't true to the legend, which is a shame if he's right.

Disappointed with the KISS DVD as it's only a snippet of a concert with 4 songs only, and I must have misread the packaging :doh:

I have recently purchased Mork and Mindy (Season 1). Robin Williams was a comic genius in this show....too bad it got worse as the next couple seasons unfolded. Jay Thomas played a pizza shop owner in the following seasons and it didn't help the show. Jay Thomas was originally a DJ on a radio station in NY, I believe is was 99X back in the seventies.