psychedelic songs

tman

hi all, i just bought the big lebowski on DVD and it has the best soundtrack. anyway one of the songs is "i just dropped in to see what condition my condition was in" by kenny rogers and the 1st edition. can anyone tell me some more psychedelic songs like this, because it's really awesome. thnx.

bluesboy to Earth...

come in Earth ::

Some more psychedelic songs might be:

Third Stone from the Sun - Jimi Hendrix

+ Many other Hendrix songs

Hurdy Gurdy Man - Donovan

What About Me? - Quicksilver Messenger Service

Fresh Garbage - Spirit

8 Miles High - the Byrds

Crimson and Clover - Tommy James & the Shondells

I thought there was an old thread

on this subject. I'll go look around.

Psychedelic songs?? omg, this would be a never-ending list. Anyways, here's a compilation I'm working on for those special ocasions. I need to work on a good, flowing order and I'm sure I'll be adding tons more. Probably none of them sounds like Kenny Rogers, but here they are anyways:

Beastie Boys - Something's Got To Give

Beck - Sweet Sunshine

Butthole Surfers - Pepper

The World Column - Lantern Gospel

The Cure - The Kiss

David Bowie - Space Oddity

The Doors - The End

Flaming Lips - When Yer 22

Frank Zappa - I'm So Cute

Frontline Assembly - Maniacal

Funkadelic - Maggot Brain

Genesis - The Carpet Crawlers

Geza X - Practicing Mice

Hawkwind - The Curch

Jimi Hendrix - Are You Experienced?

Kansas - The Spider

King Crimson - Epitaph

Mercury Rev - The Happy End (The Drunk Room)

Mr. Bungle - Desert Search For Techno Allah

Tangerine Dreams - Rain Forest

Led Zeppelin - Dazed And Confused

NIN - Eraser (Denial; Realization)

Amon Tobin - Deo

Pavement - Forklift

Pink Floyd - Careful With That Axe Eugene, Flaming

Aphex Twin - On The Romance Tip

The Beatles - Mr. Kite, Tomorrow Never Knows

Crystal Method - High Roller

RadioHeaD - Climbing Up The Walls

Rush - By-Tor And The Snow Dog

Santana - Singing Winds, Crying Beasts

My Bloody Valentine - Touched

Seefeel - Charlotte's Mouth

Sonic Youth - Cinderella's Big Score

Steve Miller - Fly Like An Eagle

Styx - A Day (John Curulewski on vocals)

Orbital - (I Think It's Disgusting)

Syd Barret - Dominoes

Terra Cadaveris - Faktor DNA

Velvet Underground - Europian Son

Yes - Starship Troopers

:beatnik:

Psychotic Reaction - Count Five #5 in 1966

Itchycoo Park - Small Faces #16 in 1967

Journey to the Center of the Mind - The Amboy Dukes #16 in 1968

Mellow Yellow - Donovan #2 in 1966

Incense and Peppermints - Strawberry Alarm Clock #1 in 1967

In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida - Iron Butterfly #30 in 1968

• 1 month later...
hi all, i just bought the big lebowski on DVD and it has the best soundtrack. anyway one of the songs is "i just dropped in to see what condition my condition was in" by kenny rogers and the 1st edition. can anyone tell me some more psychedelic songs like this, because it's really awesome. thnx.
I never noticed this thread. I liked that song a lot. It went great with the drug trip in the movie. saddam.gif

or...She Said, She Said - the Beatles. :thumbsup:

Pink Floyd are masters of the psychedelic music, but Beatles were just pioneers. "Revolver" is an amazing album and "She Said, She Said", just as "Tomorrow Never Knows" are really psychedelic.

Now, honestly, if I want to see flowers growing on the carpet, I´d smoke something and listen to Pink Floyd first albums... "Atom Heart Mother" included.

And what about Beach Boys and "Good Vibrations"? Or The Move... or Soft Machine... or King Crimson...

Pink Floyd are masters of the psychedelic music, but Beatles were just pioneers. "Revolver" is an amazing album and "She Said, She Said", just as "Tomorrow Never Knows" are really psychedelic.

Now, honestly, if I want to see flowers growing on the carpet, I´d smoke something and listen to Pink Floyd first albums... "Atom Heart Mother" included.

And what about Beach Boys and "Good Vibrations"? Or The Move... or Soft Machine... or King Crimson...

I agree it's hard to compare early Floyd with The Beatles. How about this SongFact...John wrote She Said She Said after hearing Peter Fonda say "I know what it's like to be dead!" all night long at party...nice party.

:happybanana:They call me Mellow Yellow (Quite Rightly)..oh yeah, that's Paul saying "Quite Rightly" on that Donovan hit.

I wouldn't say Pink Floyd was that psychadelic. They had their albums, but aside from their early stuff, it seems pretty normal to me. And Good Vibrations?

I was talking precisely about early Floyd, which means to me all Floyd till "Atom heart Mother" (and "Meddle" too...) I always found "Good Vibrations" a very psych song... oh, maybe I was in the mood when I heard it for the first time... :laughing:

Riders on the Storm- The Doors, more trippy then anything...if you listen closely, you can here that Jim Morrison whispers over top of himself singing the lyrics...listen super close and you'll know what I mean :coolio:

Yes that song is one hell of a trip!! It's super trippy :stars: