The Woodsmen...better than your favorite band

dr_devo

We're glad you like it. All five of the albums have been recorded and released in the past year and a half. We have two new ones (which we feel are a huge leap forward) that are currently in the works and should be available within a month or two. These will also be posted for free download, because that's just the way it should be, isn't it?

Songs recorded in "The Lab" (the albums Fancy Bread, and Headphone Music Vols I and II) are done in our own personal studio, which is nothing fancy, but sounds pretty good nonetheless. The other albums were done in professional studios (as will be the next two), and cost us thousands of dollars out of our own pockets. At this stage, we believe this is a meager investment based on what the future offers us. Basically, at this stage, recording is a very expensive (and rewarding) hobby. It's also a bit of a statement, too. Why pay $20 for a crappy album when you can get better ones from us for free? The biggest problem is convincing people that the music is good, because no one can understand why a band would give it away (unless it's crap.) That's one of the reasons why we spend endless hours promoting it like this, on forums and through other methods. For me, every person that gives a positive response makes it worthwhile, so thanks for your interest. We'd appreciate any help in spreading the word as well. My, what a long reply, must have had too much coffee this morning.

Matt

The Woodsmen