What can you play on guitar?.

Karhul

umm seeing as how i am a guitarist for one of the better (IMHO) bands in the philadelphia area, i would hope i could play a lot on guitar. Some of myfaves include:

Blackbird- the Beatles

Silent Lucidity- Queensryche

pretty much the entire zeppelin catalog

most of the Lynyrd Skynyrd catalog

most of the Korn catalog (i used ot be a big fan, not so much anymore)

All the [bleep] my band does (H.A.Y.W.I.R.E. OFFICIAL BAND SITE, if ya wanna check it out)

Any number of black and dirge metal material from the last 20 years.

:happybanana: :happybanana:I ROCK!!!!!! :happybanana: :happybanana:

I'm mostly a rhythm player, but I play a lot of oldies, but some more recent songs when doing lead (since I'm primarily a bassist) that include:

Heart Full of Soul- The Yardbirds

White Room- Cream

Bravado- Rush

Last Worthless Eventing- Don Henley

I play more classical guitar, even though I have an electric and not a nylon string acoustic yet.

• 3 weeks later...

ive been lernin for 1&1/2 months and in no stairway 2 heaven (no solo, but workin on it) and black dog (no solo) along with a load of other **** not worth mentioning. aaaaah yea and killin in the name by rage against the machine which has a killer riff. good riddance by greenday aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand................ o yea, most of back in black acdc :rockon:

thats pretty good for <2 months rite?

but my teacher is a absolute legend

well i only started learning a little while before i left ireland and i have no guitar here so obviously i've made no progress! one of the american boys has a gee-tar but it's too big for my little hands - i need a three-quarter size. i can play a load of songs with the tabs in front of me, only acousitc though. the only ones i can remember by heart are the following:

stand by me (first one i learned)

the way young lovers do - van morrison

roads - portishead

daisies of the galaxy - eels

listen girl - mic christopher

maybe one or two more... i forget!

• 2 weeks later...

I just started guitaring it up about a month ago and heres what I can play..their all only parts or intros of the actually song (im kinda teaching myself)

Pink Panther :shades:

Stairway to Heaven

Train in Vain (extremely easy)

Tuesday's Gone

Paint it Black

Wipe Out

Sunshine of Your Love

Seven Nation Army

Turning Japanese :rockon:

Money

Down on the Corner (gotta love CCR)

Iron Man

All the Young Dudes

a tiny tiny bit of People Are Strange

Hells Bells

Secret Agent Man

and you guys gave me some good ideas for new ones to learn! :thumbsup: Thanks everyone~ :coolio:

and keep on rockin'.... :happybanana: :guitar: :happybanana:

ive been lernin for 1&1/2 months and in no stairway 2 heaven (no solo, but workin on it) and black dog (no solo) along with a load of other **** not worth mentioning. aaaaah yea and killin in the name by rage against the machine which has a killer riff. good riddance by greenday aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand................ o yea, most of back in black acdc :rockon:

thats pretty good for <2 months rite?

but my teacher is a absolute legend

Who's your teacher?.

Did I mention I can play that bit at the very start of 'Nothing Else Matters' by Metallica?? Yes I am hopeless with musical instruments. Think I will just stick to listening to it instead!

:headphones:

The start of that song is the easiest intro ever. E G B E B G times 4.

• 3 months later...

I've been playing for lead and rhythm for 15 years so I'll just name bands.

Tool, alot of Van Halen, some Joe Satriani, Steve Vai (bits and pieces), Godsmack, Disturbed, Staind, Ozzy (Randy Rhode's stuff)Mr Crowley's solos were tuff but I nailed them, Sabbath, some Zepplin, System of a Down, Pink Floyd......geeze I'm gonna stop :>) I focus more on originals now but I guess you all figured out I'm a guitar geek by now....see ya... rock on