What can you play on guitar?.

Karhul

This can be parts of a song, or the whole song, it doesn't matter, just put beside the song part or whole ok?. I put this because there is no post for guitarists, so here you go. Put beside what is your fave to play too. Here you go:

Stairway to Heaven - whole. (Fave to play, learning to solo, can play all the acoustic part :coolio:)

WonderWall - whole.

7 nation army - whole.

Under the bridge - part.

Tribute - part.

Smells like teen spirit - whole.

Come as you are - whole.

In Bloom - part.

Lithium - part.

And I forget some. lol. :beatnik:

Well, Ive only had my guitar for 2 weeks, but I can Play:

Riffs

Iron Man

Seven Nation Army

Smoke On The Water

Sunshine Of Your Love

Money

Foxey Lady

Roadhouse Blues

Love me Two Times

And I can play the entire

Eight Days A Week

Superstition.

By riffs, I mean intro, and short ones at that.

Actually, I haven't picked it up in a few years, but when I was decent I was able to play a lot of cool tunes fairly well, like:

"Hotel California"

"Stairway To Heaven"

"Tangerine"

"Over the Hills and Far Away"

"Dazed and Confused"

"You Can't Always Get What You Want"

"Let It Bleed"

"Wild Horses"

"Jumpin' Jack Flash"

"The Story In Your Eyes"

"Smoke On The Water"

"Limelight"

"Fly By Night"

"After Midnight"

"So. Central Rain"

:afro: :afro: :afro: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

The only two things I could ever play on guitar were the intros to "Smoke on the Water" and "25 or 6 to 4."

If you could play "25 or 6 to 4", then you could also play "Babe I'm Gonna Leave You", and a popular Styx song that the name just isn't coming to me at this time. All three of them have the exact same guitar riff. Listen closely. I think the Chicagos throw some horns in, but the riffs are exactly the same. They're all great songs, too, but they probably could have sued each other for copyright infringement.

*Or was it the bassline? Maybe the bassline...but they sound exactly the same. I'd have to listen to them again.*

:afro: :afro: :afro: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

Living After Midnight

25 or 6 to 4

Cat Sratch Fever

Oh Pretty Women

Rock & Roll A'int Noise Pollution

Crazy Train

Smoke On The Water

Iron Man

Tush

Sweet Home Alabama

Jumping Jack Flash

Just a few off the top of my head, but it's been awhile since I've picked it up LOL :guitar:

I used to play in a few bands, so I know quite a bit. Never was a lead guitarist, though. Rhythm guitar, although I could play a few lead riffs when need be for harmonized leads. Nothing complicated.

I have a Washburn 12 string, and a Washburn 6 string I play around with every once in a while.

Funny thing is, I played drums for a long, long time, and just picked up guitar pretty much on the fly, so I was familiar enough with it that I could fake my way through until I got good enough to actually play.

My favorite songs to play are Dust in the Wind and What I like About You. Both alot of fun.

I wonder what this list says about me...

Led Zeppelin I (no solos)

Led Zeppelin II (no solos, except Whole Lotta Love)

Tangerine (complete)

Bron-y-Aur Stomp (no solo, amazing song to play though)

Black Dog (no solo)

Stairway to Heaven (complete)

In My Time of Dying (no solo, yet)

Bron-y-Aur (complete)

Over the Hills and Far Away (no solo)

Badge (complete)

Sunshine of Your Love (no solo)

Layla (no solo)

Layla unplugged (complete)

Signe (complete)

Walkin Blues (complete)

Rollin & Tumblin (complete)

Classical Gas (complete)

Smoke on the Water (no solo)

Free Bird (no solo, haha)

Crazy on You (complete)

While My Guitar Gently Weeps (complete)

Miserlou (complete)

Bach's Bourre in Em (complete)

Pachelbel's Canon in D (complete)

Beethoven's Fur Elise (complete)

Greensleeves (complete)

Johnny B Goode (complete)

Hotel California (complete)

Enter Sandman (no solo)

Sad But True (no solo)

That's about all I could come up with. I think what this list tells me about myself is, I should learn some solos.

Too much to name, but my favorite complete songs I can play are Spanish Castle Magic, Purple Haze, Crazy Train, and Panama. I can play a lot more, mostly from Hendrix, Zeppelin, and riffs I've made up. I don't have one specific style I like to play though, kind of like when I listen to music, I don't just like classic rock.

I don't play but I really wish I did, my brother is learning the guitar now, so far he has learnt some White Stripes, Green Day, Nirvana etc.

Not a full song yet but he's coming on nicely!!

Trying to get him to ask his teacher for the classic rock tunes, but as yet I've not seen any ::

Will get a photo of him with it tomorrow if I can, how about all of you guys showing us you with your guitars?

For now, here is an example of his guitar which he has just upgraded to from his beginners Jackson

GIBSON_LES_PAUL_p.jpg

A little of Dazed and Confused. That's about the only thing I can play decently. I learn small tidbits of things here and there and then forget them. I can't play a single thing on bass except stuff I make up. I don't really know bass though, haven't got serious about it. I was going to restring it (It's right handed) and learn it normally, but I figured I'd learn it upside down. It's a cool gimmick. I also thought a cool gimmick would be to play piano with drumsticks.