Harmonica

Nan32218

Hi Nan. Here's a few. Also, if you do a Search here on Songfacts they have some listed too. Please let me know if these are what you're after (genre and era).

Daydream / Lovin Spoonful /(John Sebastian)

Leave A Tender Moment Alone; Piano Man / Billy Joel

There Must Be An Angel Playing With My Heart / Eurythmics /

(Stevie Wonder guests on harmonica).

Not Fade Away / Rolling Stones / (Mick Jagger)

NAN, ever hear of the Blues? If you don't like blues music or will never listen to it then you will never hear the greatest harmonica the world has ever produced. Try this blues harmonica site.

If you prefer 60's - 70's blues rock the check out:

The J. Geils Band, specifically the song "Whammer Jammer", amazing. Or John Mayall's groundbreaking "Room To Move". It doesn't get much better than those two. The Fabulous Thunderbirds utilize a lot of harmonica which is also very good for white boy Kim Wilson from SoCal.

If you prefer only music styles from the last 10-15 years, well then you should probably give up your pursuit on great harmonica and instead for look "great screaming" or maybe "worlds best lip-synchors."

well I was gonna reply but everyone kind of beat me to it. I don't know what particular kind of music you like, but if you like blues, the harmonica is the most expressive insrtument in the band. really any type music, but blues shows just how expressive the harmonica can be as far as conveying feelings. just a random thought.

• 1 month later...

Aaron, it's hard to find many fans of the Daredevils, that actually think enough of them to mention them concerning anything. I happen to love them, as do a lot of us around here(Mo). They are sort of local heros, actually from down around Springfield. I can think of many,many nights,standing around a bonfire(I was like 18)and playing Chicken Train over and over. 10 or 15 of us all chicken dancin, and bwaaakin like mad! some of my best times. Talk about harmonica!!!! "Chicken train, take the chickens away..." :rockon:

Aaron, it's hard to find many fans of the Daredevils, that actually think enough of them to mention them concerning anything. I happen to love them, as do a lot of us around here(Mo). They are sort of local heros, actually from down around Springfield. I can think of many,many nights,standing around a bonfire(I was like 18)and playing Chicken Train over and over. 10 or 15 of us all chicken dancin, and bwaaakin like mad! some of my best times. Talk about harmonica!!!! "Chicken train, take the chickens away..." :rockon:

I find their music very interesting and quite the varience on the style of Southern Rock. They have more of a mountain country appeal as opposed to a country rock or western country appeal. I would love to see them play in concert.