What concerts did your parents drag you to??

RonJonSurfer

Did your parents ever take you to a concert when you were young (say 14 and under). My parents took me to Atlantic City around 1968-69. At the Steel Pier (home of the diving horse) I saw Gary Puckett and the Union Gap, The New Vaudeville Band (one hit wonder did Winchester Cathedral) and Frank Sinatra.................Junior. Yes I saw Frank Sinatra Jr. I didn't think of him much until I saw him on The Sopranos.

:drummer:

Kenny Rogers ::, George Michael :(, and New Kids on the Block jawdrop.gif

I want to laugh at this....but I cant', because my mother once took me to see Sha Na Na when I was about 12....and I enjoyed it. :googly:

I actually took my girlfriend to a State Fair a couple years ago, and Bowser's All-Star Band was playing (or something like that he called it). They were pretty cool. I can get into that 50's stuff sometimes.

MUSICAL INTERLUDE:

"Splish Splash, I was takin' a bath

Long about a Saturday night

A rub-a-dub, just relaxin' in the tub

Thinkin' everything was alright

Well, I stepped out the tub, put my feet on the floor,

I wrapped the towel around me and I opened the door

and then

Splish, Splash! I jumped back in the bath.

Well, how was I to know there was a party going on?"

:afro: :afro: :afro: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :googly:

I wish my parents had taken me to concerts when I was younger! I may not have fully appreciated it at the time, but I would be ever so grateful now. They saw Stevie Ray Vaughan, Clapton, Guns N Roses, etc. when I was too young to party with them. ::

The only person I've seen with them both is Willie. My dad and I went to Willie's Picnic on the 4th this year so we saw lots of great acts - including Los Lonely Boys! :: He was impressed, and although Henry Garza is great, he could never replace Stevie Ray! Nor would he want to, I'm sure.