Bloodhound Gang

Mairi

I think they are hilarious. Life is much easier if you don't take everything so seriously. Even the song titles crack me up...

A Lap Dance is Better When the Stripper's Crying

Going Nowhere Slow

Kiss Me Where It Smells Funny

You're Pretty When I'm Drunk

Three Point One Four (if you think about it long enough and can guess what the song is about, that's really funny)

The song is ACTUALLY called "Bad Touch"

Yes. "You and me, baby, we ain't nothing but mammals so let's do it like they do on the Discovery Channel" set to the synthesized rythym of a Casio on "autoplay".

Inspiring poetic genius. What soul. What a musical visionary.

I hope to GOD that in 10,000 years they don't discover this song and associate my generation with it in any way. How embarrasing.

Yes. "You and me, baby, we ain't nothing but mammals so let's do it like they do on the Discovery Channel" set to the synthesized rythym of a Casio on "autoplay".

Inspiring poetic genius. What soul. What a musical visionary.

I hope to GOD that in 10,000 years they don't discover this song and associate my generation with it in any way. How embarrasing.

LOL Yep its really the pits, although I liked it when it came out as it had novelty value...I've now realised just how damn awful it was.

"Come quicker than Fed Ex, never reaching apex like Coca-Cola stock you are inclined to make me rise an hour early just like Daylight Savings Time"

Yeh righty..........oooooooooook :doh:

LOL Yep its really the pits, although I liked it when it came out as it had novelty value...I've now realised just how damn awful it was.

"Come quicker than Fed Ex, never reaching apex like Coca-Cola stock you are inclined to make me rise an hour early just like Daylight Savings Time"

And yet you both know the majority of the words.........there is such a thing as a remote if you dont want to listen to something. and they are a FUN band, not all music has to be serious.

Nope. If it came on in the car I turned off the radio and sat in silence for 5 minutes. I thank God every day that it didn't catch on in some sick, reality-show/Jerry Springer sort of way.

And yet you both know the majority of the words.........there is such a thing as a remote if you dont want to listen to something. and they are a FUN band, not all music has to be serious.

I agree Mairi I think there is too much emphasis on making serious songs, people need to let loose and have fun sometimes, and thats what the Bloodhound Gang is doing, and i respect them for that

Mairi - it's called 'copy and paste' ... using a lyrics database..

Hmmm....only bit I actually know is "sweat baby sweat baby"

And Mairi - this is only my opinion of what is in my mind a truly awful band, same as The Cheeky Girls...Mr Blobby...Black Lace etc

Nice touch of sarcasm with the 'there is such a thing as a remote" - I'm well aware of that thank you, I'm entitled to discuss a song even if I don't like it...same as everyone else. Ok? :sleepy:

P.S I actually said in my post I liked the song for NOVELTY VALUE when it first came out and then grew to despise it - that means I recognised it as a fun song.

I am doomed to live out my days with the recollection of that drivel. If I could punch out my eardrums with an ice-pick to remove the relics of that song, I would in an instant, but I fear my memory is forever scorched - like witnessing a fatal train-wreck or seeing your grandmother naked...

i don't know about in Ireland, but in SCOTLAND ::, that was their only hit but if you liked Bad Touch when it first came out and wasn't on all the time, the album Hooray For Boobies is very funny. i would recommend Three Point One Four, Mope, Hell Yeah, I Hope You Die and The Ballad of Chasey Lain.

:rockon:

OMG they rock!!! I used to hate Bad Touch untill I heard more by them, then my perspective on why they would do something like that changed. Man they are funny, funky and loud. They remind me of a more offensive They Might Be Giants. Favorite album: Hooray For Boobies, favorite songs:

Hell Yeah
and Boom!!!!!! :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

Sure there is. They both have this laid back attitude that seems like they are leaning on a desk when they sing. Well at least on some of the songs :: and they are both funny althought in a different way 510101banana2.gif

Sorry don't agree - BHG aren't in the same league for funny songs as TMBG - BHG are just extremely bad taste and vulgar.

My twopenneth worth.

I have loved BHG since I was like 15, my best friends in high school and I damn near wore out my One Fierce Beer Coaster cd. I just love that feeling of "Oh my GOD! They did NOT just say that!" (the "I think that's hilarious" way, not the "I'm so offended" way)