Bass solos?

Zeppelin_TheBest

John Entwhistle has always been my favorite bassist. The bass solo in "My Generation" always pops to mind first when asked about great bass solos...

I'll agree, for the most part, but 'The Real Me' is far more aggresive, even though there's no actual 'bass solo', per se, the entire song is John's finest, IMO. Pure Rock and Roll.

I'll agree, for the most part, but 'The Real Me' is far more aggresive, even though there's no actual 'bass solo', per se, the entire song is John's finest, IMO. Pure Rock and Roll.

I was going to put "The Real Me" down as my favorite solo, but then I thought that there was really no solo. Pete put it best when he said John played "lead bass." "The Real Me" is one of my favorite songs on my all time favorite Who album, Quadrophenia.

There´s one bass line in a Pink Floyd song I just can´t remember the title... It must be in "Ummagumma", as that´s the record I lost many years ago and I never heard again... maybe Daniel will know... I could sing it to you, but...

The song begins with an amazing bass solo... then it gets psychedelich... maybe someone can find out for me...? :angel:

There´s one bass line in a Pink Floyd song I just can´t remember the title... It must be in "Ummagumma", as that´s the record I lost many years ago and I never heard again... maybe Daniel will know... I could sing it to you, but...

The song begins with an amazing bass solo... then it gets psychedelich... maybe someone can find out for me...? :angel:

Sounds more like Interstellar Overdrive to me. Or Set The Controls, but you know that one. A lot of early Pink Floyd had some of the coolest basslines.

Could it be One Of These Days??? :shades: