What is your favorite classic rock radio station?

RonJonSurfer

One of my favorite things to do when I travel is to find the local classic rock, rock or oldies radio stations. Different parts of the US and Canada have distinct variations when it comes to the music they play. Many stations can now be played on the internet too.

What are your favorite local stations? The call letters, station frequency and web address would be great.

I'll start:

1) 104.3 FM New York, www.q1043.com Known as "The Q". Plays classic rock like Beatles, Led Zep, Pink Floyd, Who, stones, etc.

2) 105.5 FM www.wdhafm.com Dover, NJ Plays a combo of new and classic rock. Example, I heard them play Green Day and Steve Miller back to back yesterday.

3)101.1 FM New York www.wcbsfm.com The Oldies Station known as Oldies 101.1 or The Oldies Staion. When they started in the early 70's they played lots of music from the 50's. As they've aged, along with me, they now play music from the 60's and 70's mainly. (that's oldies now folks). But they'll play Beatles, Supremes, Tommy James, Chicago, Jay and the Americans and The Monkees. Micky Dolenz starts as morning DJ there next week.

What are your favorites? Give me web sites and cities too.

Happy New Year!! :jester:

The best ever was WMMR 93.3 in Philly 1968-1976. It wasn't Classic then, it was happening.

Now, WMGK 102.9 plays Classic Rock Hits. You have to tune in real late to hear the more obsure album cuts, b-sides, etc. that are played on special shows. Hell, I play better Classic Rock than those guys. Gimme a frequency. I'll rock ya!