Skunk Anasie

fidelityfiend

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

Just how poor is Skin's solo stuff? Interested to know as I'm off to see her in concert on Sunday night. Skunk Anansie were fantastic live, though I found their recorded stuff "tailed off" after their first excellent album "Paranoid & Sunburnt". Skin was an incredibly awe-inspiring, captivating performer, very striking and with a fantastic voice. But poor material can let even the best of performers down. Hope its not been a waste of twenty quid...

This could be one of the best bands you've never heard - intense rock/punk tempered with great use of dynamics and socially conscious lyrics - I don't know if they are still recording or performing - definitely worth checking out.

Recommended listening:

"Stoosh"

"Paranoid & Sunburnt"

"Post Orgasmic Chill"

They are definitely not still recording/ performing as Skunk split a few years ago. However Skin (singer) now performs in her own name with a new band who I saw live last night. They "rocked hard" but in a less "metal", more "indie-rock" vein than Skunk. Good stuff.They did alot of new material from their forthcoming album, due out next March. (Didn't catch the full title "Fake chemical something-or-other") as well as a few Skunk Anansie tracks. The latter were the "let-downs" for me, to be honest. They did the "lighters-in-the-air" crowd-pleasers "Weak" and "Hedonism (Just because it feels Good)", 'twas a bit cheesy at those points. They finished with a cracking cover of Electronic's "Getting Away With It" and a superb rendition of "I Can Dream", one of Skunk Anansie's best tracks. But still worth checking out, despite my little grumbles