An Interesting Experiance

Benner

I had heard from a few friends that the album "Dark Side of the Moon" by Pink Floyde goes together perfectly with the movie The Wizard of Oz. Well it turns out that my friends were right and so I wanted to share this experiance with anyone else who cares. So here's what you gotta do:

1. Get your hands on the movie and the album.

2. Get a tv and stereo into the same room.

3. Start the movie.

4. Start the album from the beginning right as the lion roars the 3rd time before the actual movie starts.

5. Mute the movie.

6. Enjoy the show.

I'm not sure if the fact that this works was at all intentional, but it works perfectly.

It is good to see new people in Songfacts. Welcome!! I am sure many thoughts that may pop up in your heads have been covered already, so it may be worth doing a search on your topic....

As for TWOZ and DSOTM, check this out:

http://www.songfacts.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=musictalk&Number=1375&Forum=musictalk&Words=wizard%20%20darkside%20moon&Match=And&Searchpage=0&Limit=50&Old=allposts&Main=1287&Search=true#Post1375

I agree with the skeptic from bazooka's post. Besides, this album was hard enough to make, why add to the difficultness of it by trying to synchronize it with The Wizard Of Oz? Pretty much any time you add music to a movie, if it is a complex album such as DSotM, then it will give the movie a different effect, or more effect.

Anyways, all skepticism aside, I heard you can synchronize 2112 with Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. I can't find out, I don't own 2112 or Willy Wonka. I put 2112 on hold at the library though, maybe I can get WW and try it

Are you serious, Benner? That's amazing, I've never heard that before.

Oh man, did I ever miss your sarcasm on my little hiatus Mr. Chris.

:jester:

EDIT- By the way Benner, you missed the magical 7th step to get the synch to work..... Smoke a ___load of weed! ::