They're Playing Our Song

Mike

I met my wife Joann when we were paired as usher/bridsmaid in a wedding party for her cousin who happened to be my good friend. We danced all night and fell in love. Late that evening after the reception we were riding in the limo back to the groom's parents' house for breakfast and a night-cap( it was a custom). On the radio they were playing Al Martino's version of "Can't Take My Eyes Off Of You". I sang along in my best crooner's voice, looking directly into Joann's eyes. We fell in love that night and have been together ever since. And of course, that's been "our song" ever since.

That wedding took place on September 21st, 1968. One of the guys from Earth, Wind and Fire must have been there. Thus, their song "September". It starts out

"Do you remember

the 21st night of September".

Of course, that song wasn't written until the mid 70's, otherwise it may have competed for "our song" status.

Then again, I can't picture myself looking into Joann's eyes on that night and singing "September". LOL

Nice idea for a thread, Floyd.

The first dance at my wife and my wedding was "Little Trip To Heaven" by Tom Waits. It is "our song."

Little Trip to Heaven

Little trip to heaven on the wings of your love

Banana moon is shining in the sky

I feel like I'm in heaven when you're with me

I know that I'm in heaven when you smile

Though were stuck here on the ground

I got something that I've found, and it's you

I don't need to take no trip to outer space

All I have to do is look in your face

And before I know it I'm in orbit around you

Thanking my lucky stars that I found you

When I see your constellation, you're my inspiration

And it's you

You're my North Star when I'm lost and feeling blue

You're my sun that's breaking through, it's true

And all the other stars seem dim around you

I thank my lucky stars that I found you

When I see your smilin face

I know nothing' gonna take your place

And it's you, and it's you, and it's you, and it's you, and it's you, and it's you...

I´m rather a rock fan... Stones, Beatles, seger, Airplane, Animals, Who, etc. Also Cohen, Simon and Garfunkel, REM...

My husband likes Jethro Tull, Uriah Heep, The Boss, Dire Sraits...

We never agree on the music!!! He had a pop band twenty years ago and I wasn´t preciselly his fan... but we agree on Pretenders...!!!!

Hitchin' a ride- Green Day

She-Green Day

Time Of Your Life-Green Day (see a pattern?)

Yeah, all of these are between me and my bestest bud, couldn't live without her! me and her have been through some sh*t together and it's nice to know it's all in the past. Time of Your Life especially, because to me the song means letting go of the past and having no regrets. bleurghy, sentimentalness

The only one that comes to mind is not a love song, but an album that we listened during a crazy time. When I was 16, I was in a minor car accident with 2 of my friends and we decided to run away to Chicago, which we did. Luckily, we came back fairly soon and unscathed (until my Mom got ahold of me. LOL). The whole time this was going on we listened to Joan Jett's yellow album. Those songs still remind of that time. "I love playin' with fire, I don't wanna get burned". "Handy Man". "The French Song". Excellent album!! :guitar: :guitar:

Tsk, tsk, tsk. You baaaaaaaaaaaad girl!