best cartoon characters

evan33594

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome to Songfacts, Evan (or is it "Meatwad"?). Anyway, welcome.

And, Bluesboy, the Looney Tunes are truly classic. But my favorite one of all isn't in that picture. Do you remember the little hippie rooster dude that showed up on Foghorn Leghorn's doorstep, disguised as a baby, so he could gain access to the henhouse with all the chicks? "Crazy, man, crrrraaaazy..."

:afro: :afro: :afro: :beatnik: :beatnik: :beatnik:

O.K. So I'm an old guy.I'm sure most of you young people never heard of

"Heckle and Jeckle".They were sooooooo funny.Two magpies that got into all kinds of trouble.I remember one episode where their old car needed tires.They didn't have much cash so they bought the "Baloney Tires".As they drove away a pack of dogs gave chase and ate the tires and left the boys riding on the rims..Anyway it was funny to me at the time.

heckle_and_jeckle.jpg" width="300" heigh

O.K. So I'm an old guy.I'm sure most of you young people never heard of "Heckle and Jeckle".

MUSICAL INTERLUDE:

"It's never gonna rain again, again

It's never ever gonna rain again

It's never gonna rain again, again

It's never never never ever gonna rain again."

There were twin brothers that lived near me when I was a kid. We used to call them Heckle and Jeckle. I once had the pleasure of beating the sh*t out of both of them at the same time. They were a couple years older than me, but they were skinny...like Heckle and Jeckle. Hey...kids can be cruel....but it had to be done :laughing:

BTW, I loved the cartoon, especially the farmer dog.

:afro: :afro: :afro: :jester: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Loved the Warner Bros. toons. If forced to pick a favorite I'll go with Daffy Duck. Especially when he played Sgt. Friday with Porky as his sidekick.

Foghorn Leghorn always tickled me, too.

Never cared much for the Disney set.

Tom and Jerry were pretty funny, too. And yes, I watched Heckle and Jeckle all the time. They were one of the earliest toons geared to appeal to adults if I'm not mistaken. Though, that could be said for the Warner Bros. lot as well.

Now, does anyone here remember the 50's Crusader Rabbit? He had a sidekick named Rags, The Tiger. They were an early forerunner to Rocky and Bullwinkle.

And please, no Farmer Alfalfa cracks.

I loved Chip and Dale. I work with the nicest lady, and we invariably try to out-polite each other...

Thank you.

No, thank you.

I insist, I thank you.

We call ourselves Chip and Dale. Indubitably!

I, too, fondly remember Heckle and Jeckle. So funny.

One of my favorites has always been Michigan J. Frog. He was only in one Looney Tunes episode, but it was hilarious. But then he sold out to "The Man" and is the mascot for the WB. ::

michigan.J.frog.gif

Hello my baby, hello my honey

Hello my ragtime, summertime gal

Send me a kiss by wire, by wire

Baby, my heart's on fire, on fire

If you refuse me, honey, you lose me

And you'll be left alone, oh baby

Telephone, and tell me, tell me

Tell me I'm your very own, ohhhh

And, Bluesboy, the Looney Tunes are truly classic. But my favorite one of all isn't in that picture. Do you remember the little hippie rooster dude that showed up on Foghorn Leghorn's doorstep, disguised as a baby, so he could gain access to the henhouse with all the chicks? "Crazy, man, crrrraaaazy..."

:afro: :afro: :afro: :beatnik: :beatnik: :beatnik:

Hey Sammy, ::

This little guy...

Henery Hawk

73811-big.jpg

Hey Sammy, ::

This little guy...

Henery Hawk

No, Bluesboy, that's not the guy. This one was a little rooster who looked like a beatnik, with the goatee and all. He was on one of the more recent Bugs Bunny full-length movies, maybe from about 15-20 years ago. I can't remember his name, but he said stuff like "Cool, Daddy-O", and "Crazy, man, c-raaaaazy".

:afro: :afro: :afro: :coolio: :coolio: :beatnik: :beatnik:

Ok, Sammy, I gave you a few days, but since you've failed in an obvious interlude moment, I suppose I'll have to step in here.

* Musical Interlude*

- The Bugs Bunny Show

Overture, curtains, lights,

This is it, the night of nights

No more rehearsing and nursing a part

We know every part by heart

Overture, curtains, lights

This is it, you'll hit the heights

And oh what heights we'll hit

On with the show this is it

Tonight what heights we'll hit

On with the show this is it.

That was in my head the second I saw the pic above.