MUSIC related gifts you got for Christmas?

OLD 55

Just a seasonal thread (obviously), but I'm sure your Families are like mine and give you some Music related items for those special occasions. Amongst my Christmas presents I got:

> a Bee Gees DVD "For One Night Only"

> double CD of UK 60s Band Manfred Mann "All Manner Of Men". They weren't as big in the US, but very popular in the UK and here. You'd know "Doo Wah Diddy Diddy' from the movie "Stripes"

> Elvis musical candy tin that plays "Love Me Tender"

> book "Elvis The Hollywood Years", by David Bret about the making of all 33 Elvis Movies

> book "Our Gods Are Almost Dead - The 40 Year Odyssey Of The Rolling Stones" (drool) by Stephen Davis > 120 CD carry case > 50 Blank disks

and this week when all the calendars are $10 instead of $20 I'll get an Elvis, Beatles or Marilyn Monroe calendar (cheapie, aren't I).

:thumbsup:

Welcome back, 55!!!! Great gifts you had... I had mine before, as it was also my birthday... I got "Let it Be" and "lenny Kravitz live" (dvd), no other music gifts.

And a great lunch on the 25th with all my in-laws (hubby has lots of bros and sis and nephews... LOTS OF!!!) and then men stood all night playing cards and women took care of children or kept on talking, or simply went home to bed!

Hi Sue and Happy Birthday to Edna. Sounds like you all got some real Goodies. (I want one of those neon lamps now !). Uncle, I didn't know Steve Tyrell was a singer. All I knew about him was that he discovered B.J.Thomas (I think they were from the same town in Texas). Our grandkids are due here today. One of them will be sleeping in my office, so I don't think I'll get back on here much for a couple of weeks. A Very Happy New Year to all my good friends.

:D

(I want one of those neon lamps now !). Uncle, I didn't know Steve Tyrell was a singer. All I knew about him was that he discovered B.J.Thomas (I think they were from the same town in Texas).

You're right 55. He took up singing just a few years ago and is quite good. His voice seems to be a combination of Harry Connick, Tony Bennett (for timing) and Leon Russell (a little gravelly). He sings mostly standards. His latest CD is called This Guy's In Love. It's his third not counting his Christmas CD.

>Peavey Raptor Electric Guitar

>Peavey Rage 15.8 Amplifier

>Guitar Method book

>David Bowie Greatest Hits

>Stevie Ray Vaughn Greatest Hits

>Stevie Wonder Greatest Hits

>Nirvana-Nevermind

>The Pixies-Bossanova

>Sublime-Sublime

>Weezer-Weezer

>Sloan-One Chord To Another

>30 BLank CD's

>24 Cases for blank Cd's

>5 DVD rewritables-Which will be used musically have no fear

>Poster Book from Guitar One

Neil Young Live In Berlin DVD

Niiiice take, Dan. :thumbsup:

I got the Kinks' "Give The People What They Want", "To The Bone", and "One For the Road". I already had "One For the Road" on CD, so my brother's gonna return it and get me the Stones' "Their Satanic Majesties Request".

I also got a huge SurroundSound system from my other brother. Man, are those things f***in' loud! I like it mainly when watching concert videos. They're a bit too loud for regular TV or videos.

I also got my brother an old bootleg video (remastered on DVD with a few little additions) called "Ladies and Gentleman: The Rolling Stones". He's been trying to find this one for about ten years; it's extremely rare and extremely hard to find. Finally, after three years of searching, I was able to locate it via the internet from some dude in Canada. This dude has everything!! I ordered and received it back in July, so "just to make sure it worked properly", I watched it when I got it. It was cool! We watched it again on Christmas Eve using his SurroundSound system....very cool!! My ears still hurt a tad.

Anyway, Happy Holidays, eb'rybody.

:afro: :afro: :afro: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :jack:

You're right 55. He took up singing just a few years ago and is quite good. His voice seems to be a combination of Harry Connick, Tony Bennett (for timing) and Leon Russell (a little gravelly). He sings mostly standards. His latest CD is called This Guy's In Love. It's his third not counting his Christmas CD.

>Peavey Raptor Electric Guitar

>Peavey Rage 15.8 Amplifier

>Guitar Method book

>David Bowie Greatest Hits

>Stevie Ray Vaughn Greatest Hits

>Stevie Wonder Greatest Hits

>Nirvana-Nevermind

>The Pixies-Bossanova

>Sublime-Sublime

>Weezer-Weezer

>Sloan-One Chord To Another

>30 BLank CD's

>24 Cases for blank Cd's

>5 DVD rewritables-Which will be used musically have no fear

>Poster Book from Guitar One

Neil Young Live In Berlin DVD

Who's a lucky boy???? :thumbsup:My eldest son plays guitar and has all sorts of stuff in his room. He started many years ago on my old acoustic guitar and had a series of different coloured and shaped electrics. Now he's settled on an Australian made Maton acoustic/electric. It has a beautiful resonant tone. He's a big fan of Steve Vai and Eddie Van Halen. Now out of all that great stuff you got, I'd choose those first 3 CDs and the Neil Young DVD.

:guitar:

i got josh groban for christmas does this count?
I think he's good. He does a pleasant version of the old Don McLean song "Vincent" and I like that song he does with the Corrs. (I just had a look to see who you were Rebecca. I didn't think a 16 year old GUY would like him).

:D

o yeah im also getting a little late a new bass guitar
Who else is a lucky boy ! The lead guitarists get the accolades, but where would we be without the Bass?? (Jack Bruce/ Cream, John Entwhistle/ Who, Noel Redding/ Jimi Hendrix Experience, John Deacon/ Queen, ETC.

*** My son just saw this and said "how could you leave out Billy Sheehan/ Ex Mr.Big, Flea/ Red Hot Chili Peppers and Les Claypool/ Primus)". I suppose I'd better mention Bill Wyman/ Rolling Stones too.

I already had "One For the Road" on CD, so my brother's gonna return it and get me the Stones' "Their Satanic Majesties Request".

I also got my brother an old bootleg video (remastered on DVD with a few little additions) called "Ladies and Gentleman: The Rolling Stones". He's been trying to find this one for about ten years; it's extremely rare and extremely hard to find. Finally, after three years of searching, I was able to locate it via the internet from some dude in Canada.

:afro: :afro: :afro: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :jack:

Sammy, great gifts! But I can´t believe you didn´t have "satanic majesties" already... As for the video of the Stones, I have an old copy and I agree with you, it´s a jewel!!! I was about to get me "Sympathy for the devil" on DVD, a film with the Stones by Jean-luc Goddard... but I had enuf music and I´ll leave it for another ocasion. Hope you enjoy your "Ladies and gentlemen"!

And congrats for SEEKER who´s got TOMMY on vynil!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey I am new here so Merry Christams like 3 days ago to everyone.. but anyways here is wat i got..

Led Zeppelin cd the 1st one

Led Zeppelin- How the west was won awsome live cd I recommed it to anyone who likes Zeppelin

Led Zeppelin girls tee

A Stero

And some blank cds

Can u tell i like Zeppelin lol :thumbsup:

Sammy, great gifts! But I can´t believe you didn´t have "satanic majesties" already... As for the video of the Stones, I have an old copy and I agree with you, it´s a jewel!!! I was about to get me "Sympathy for the devil" on DVD, a film with the Stones by Jean-luc Goddard... but I had enuf music and I´ll leave it for another ocasion. Hope you enjoy your "Ladies and gentlemen"!

I have "Satanic Majesties" on cassette. In fact, I have nearly all the Stones and Kinks on cassette, but I'm slowly building up a large CD collection and I must have the ESSENTIALS. I have "Sympathy For The Devil" on video; Brian Jones rules in it. :laughing: :laughing:

I haven't seen "Gimme Shelter" in quite a while, though; I think maybe it's time to pull it out again. :bow: :bow:

And now it's time for another MUSICAL INTERLUDE:

"Have you seen her dressed in blue

See the sky in front of you

And her face is like a sail

Speck of white so fair and pale

Have you seen the lady fairer

She comes in colors everywhere;

She combs her hair

She's like a rainbow

Coming colors in the air

Oh, everywhere

She comes in colors

Have you seen her all in gold

Like a queen in days of old

She shoots colors all around

Like a sunset going down

Have you seen the lady fairer

She comes in colors everywhere;

She combs her hair

She's like a rainbow

Coming colors in the air

Oh, everywhere

She comes in colors"

:afro: :afro: :afro: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

I got the Beatles Capitol Albums Vol. 1 box set - yay!

Also, Lynyrd Skynyrd Pronounced (has this one on tape only), Joss Stone's Mind Body & Soul, Cross Canadian Ragweed's Purple album, and the Ray Soundtrack.

DVDs: Los Lonely Boys Texican Style and SRV Live at Montreaux.

Two Grateful Dead, a Pink Floyd, and Beatles t-shirt; and A Hard Day's Write: The Stories Behind Every Beatles Song - looks like a good read!