Presidential Inaugruation Ball

windy1

I just heard that the performers at the Texas Inagruation Ball for president Bush will feature 2 acts. Truth is strange than fiction. the 2 acts will be none other than ZZ Top, and Ted Nugent. Now sweaty Teddy I get, being Nra and all, and I suppose ZZ Top could very well be too, But don't you think those are odd choices? I guess Georgie likes to rock it up a bit! :thumbsup:

Ted Nugent eh! I was a fan of the loinclothed shave-dodger as a teenager, and I can say with a degree of certainty that I was the only owner of an Amboy Dukes album in Suffolk. This Bush event must be the US equivalent of a Royal Variety Show over here. Who'd have thought Mr Great White Buffalo himself would turn out so mainstream!

Regards

It almost makes me want to fix my record player and give Double Live Gonzo it's head again, for old times sakes.

You know JR, it's funny you and I owning Amboy Dukes albums. I too saw Ted Nugent as a youth. Its almost as if......(yawn)....

Here's a test - do you dress in pink and call yourself Shirley when the missus is out of town? No? Neither do I. The coincidences are mounting.

Regards

JOurney to the center of the mind. My first real hard rock song. I like Ted. He's very right wing, but I've seen an interview with him and his daughters(that;s all he has-no boys)and he is a very strict dad and very family oriented. I respected him a lot. What you see on stage is what it ts apparently a stage act. And he's not wrong on his hunting stand. My family are big on hunting, and he has the right mindset. You never kill anything you aren't going to eat. Or isn't harming people and or/crops. Such as the deer in Missouri.

Interesting you should mention DLG. This talk of Ted has made me decide to have that blasting on the headphones as I wrap the mountain of gifts tonight. I can't wait to hear Stormtroopin'. The live version of Motor City Madhouse absolutely kills.

When's the inauguration? (That's just so we wouldn't have completely hijacked this thread)

It's some time in January, I'm sure.

I love everything on Cat Scratch, except for Cat Scratch. It's been beat to death. Workin' Hard Playin' Hard, Sweet Sally, Death By Misadventure, on the other hand...Whew.

I was in a band in high school, and we used to end our shows with a rousing rendition of Home Bound.

:rockon:Uncle Ted Rocks :rockon:

Diggs there are at least 10 different parties held. It's the night of the day the president was sworn in. There's the fancy dress balls, the republican party party, the senate party, on and on. This one is the Texas state Republican parties party. The President is expected to show up at them all.