back when

katiebug

ok so i was listening to a tim mcgraw :guitar: song titled "back when" and at the begining he says "don't you remember the fizz in a pepper, peanuts in a bottle at ten two and four?" does ANYBODY know what that last part means? please help me out here it's killing me!!! :help: thanx! :thumbsup:

10_2_4.jpg

I don't know if this is the kind of enlightening information you were looking for,

but according to the Dr Pepper Museum website

From 1910 to 1914, Dr Pepper was identified with the slogan, "King of Beverages." "Old Doc," a typical country doctor character with monocle and top hat, became the Dr Pepper trademark character in the 1920s and 1930s. During that era, research was discovered proving that sugar provided energy and that the average person experiences a letdown during the normal day at 10:30a.m., 2:30p.m. and 4:30p.m. A contest was held for the creation of an ad using this new information. The winner of the ad campaign came up with the famous advertising slogan, "Drink a bite to eat at 10, 2, and 4." Dr Pepper's slogan in the 1950s was "the friendly Pepper-Upper," which led the brand into the 1960s when it became associated with rock and roll music and on Dick Clark's American Bandstand TV show.

Back when....I was actually young. You were supposed to have a dr pepper at 10:00 am, 2:00 pm, and 4:00 pm. peanuts in the bottle was a fad (before my time)that actually started with coke. they would drop peanuts in the bottle and drink then eat the peanuts. That I have no answer for. ::

i read a book recently by sue monk kidd called 'the secret life of bees' (gorgeous book, read it if you can). it's based in the deep south in the 60s, around the time of martin luther king and the civil rights movement. one of the things the main protagonist, a fourteen-year-old girl, loves to do is drop peanuts in her coke!!