WHY Ashlee Simpson does rock

Fever_o

You wanna know why she Dyed her hair black and is all against Pop and Blonde and does rock is because She Makes MONEY the same as what here sister makes the only reason why She is an artist is because she AGREEd to be anti Britney :guitar: she FU*&^%$ sucks

im confused, does this person actually think she rocks? as in omg she frickin' rocks and starts headbanging? she cant sing, she falters on the word pieces for hebus sakes. tsk tsk dying your hair black does not change the way you are really, only your outer appearance and NOT wether you "rock" or not. i know many people who are blonde and rocked, :rockon:KURT COBAIN :rockon: for instance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! grrness

im confused, does this person actually think she rocks? as in omg she frickin' rocks and starts headbanging? she cant sing, she falters on the word pieces for hebus sakes. tsk tsk dying your hair black does not change the way you are really, only your outer appearance and NOT wether you "rock" or not. i know many people who are blonde and rocked, :rockon:KURT COBAIN :rockon: for instance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! grrness

Wuw! you say it girl! she should be a redhead..Like us aye!

Ashlee is cute, and I guess she sells to those not-exactly-emo-yet kids..

You wanna know why she Dyed her hair black and is all against Pop and Blonde and does rock is because She Makes MONEY the same as what here sister makes the only reason why She is an artist is because she AGREEd to be anti Britney :guitar: she FU*&^%$ sucks

I can't quite tell if you like Ashlee Simpson or not. Do you? The thread title makes it seem like you like her, but in your post, you said she "FU*&^%$ sucks"

Batman, I believe she's saying Britney "FU*&^%$ sucks, while Ashlee, apparently,Dyed her hair black and is all against Pop and Blonde and does rock is because She Makes MONEY the same as what here sister makes the only reason why She is an artist .

I hope that clears up any confusion.

• 4 weeks later...

This is going to be a long post because I have a little to say about the prostitution of artist.

I have been reading alot of boards lately and it upsets me how hypocritical people are in that they shun very talented artist strictly on the bases of their image and corprate status. People, It's OK to like sellouts if they are good.

People automatically think that just because an artist is a huge corporate sellout that they have no musical or vocal talent. 99% of the time it seems to work out that way but you can't knock Christina Aguilera's vocals. Christina didn't need T&A to make it. She could have been an ugly heffer and made it pretty far on her vocals alone. I would much rather listen to Christina than Britney, Jessica, Ashely or any of the other Pop diva sellouts (Except Amy Lee).

Amy Lee is a big time sellout. No artist can come out of thin air and sell 6 million records without some MAJOR corporate promotion. But Amy Lee does happen to be my favorite artist because has AWESOME VOCALS (even live), writes her own lyrics which is unbeleivable stuff given the age that she and her band partner Ben Moody were at the time of writing most of the lyrics. She also is a very solid pianist and is very involved in determining how her bands music sounds. She and her band also have a Non-corporate driven record (Origin; 2000) that is one of the best I have ever heard. It really pisses me off when people compare her to the Britneys, Ashleys, and Jessicas of pop music.

The former artist mentioned are basically only vocals and image and Ashely Vinilli... I mean Ashley Simpson is pure image.

Given that... Any artist will sell out if given the chance, even that super talented artist you love that nobody else knows about right now. If you gaurentee them 6 million records they are going sign the dotted line and bend over for the american masses to stick it in. (I know I would)

Keep an opened mind people. Ashley Simpson does F#@%n suck though and so does Britney. Christina has some pipes though, you gotta give her that. red2177 has spoken :bow:

Please don't call us hypocrites until you've spent at least a week with us. I see you've been here one whole day. You'll see, we give credit where it's due, (i.e., vocal talent). I can't speak for anyone else, but I know I have personally stated I love Christina Aguilera's voice. I just can't stand what she sings.

I'm not sure what the point of the rest of your post is, since you call us hypocrites for criticizing artists, the go on to do it yourself.

If you wanted to start a thread for Amy Lee, you should have just done that.

No one here thinks that just because an artist is a huge corporate sellout that they have no talent. We always give credit where it's due. They only ones we dump on are the huge corporate sellouts with no talent. Being here one full day, I'm sure you've read every post and every thread.

Please don't sit in judgement of us. Once you've been here a while, and get to know how twisted we truly are, then you can judge us. :)

There's always room for one more. Welcome to Songfacts.

They only ones we dump on are the huge corporate sellouts with no talent.

Right..... I would never dump on an artist purely for their corporate ties....... ::

:jester:

Given that... Any artist will sell out if given the chance, even that super talented artist you love that nobody else knows about right now. If you gaurentee them 6 million records they are going sign the dotted line and bend over for the american masses

I'm gonna have to disagree with that, there are plenty of very talented artists that were given the chance and didn't sell out, The Pixies, Sonic Youth...etc, etc.

Hmmm I was going to ask where anyone compared Amy Lee to the likes of Britney Spears?

At the end of the day it's personal preference. You may like Amy Lee, but others may deny she has any talent (not me btw) as it's all down to what we personally think sounds good.

I think :bow: KISS :bow: are fabulous but plenty of people I know think they are awful - I don't have any problem with that..

Fair enough. I have only been here one day. I have no right to judge anybody on this board.

I have been reading many rock/metal message boards lately and this the first music site that I have actually signed in and posted. This is an ALL MUSIC site also so I can also see how the views on different genres might be more opened minded.

My earlier post was a reply to 99% of the Evanescence post I have read in the last couple months on other sites. It was not directed at this board, and you are right I should have started my own thread. Sorry about that.

And now to answer and respond to your post....

Hmmm I was going to ask where anyone compared Amy Lee to the likes of Britney Spears
I read it a million times on the metal/rock boards and it pissed me off. I apologize for taking it out on this board.

I'm gonna have to disagree with that, there are plenty of very talented artists that were given the chance and didn't sell out, The Pixies, Sonic Youth...etc, etc.

I was also wrong with this statement as I did use the word ANY so I am going to re-phrase that... I beleive that most all bands/artist will sell out to SOME EXTENT if given the chance. I know I would $$$.

Sonic Youth Sells Out: Read All About It!

I cant wait to get my new Sonic Youth Coffee Mug. As seen on TV! ::

I'm not sure what the point of the rest of your post is, since you call us hypocrites for criticizing artists, the go on to do it yourself.

I did write this for criticizing artist. I wrote it for the REASONS the artist are be criticized. I believe that most of the people on the message boards I was reading like what they like because it is "COOL" among their peers to do so(IMAGE), which is one of the main problems many of them have with corporate music. Much of corporate music does suck. Just dont say it because you think Sally, Joe, Bob and Bill might also. I have a hard time beleiving that many people can feel Lacuna Coil, Nightwish, The Gathering ect. and then be totally disgusted by Evanescence. My ears must be completly f#@%d up.

Again I apologize for directing my comments at this board. Anyway that What Song are Listing To is a very cool thread and has helped add many many :rockon: songs to my library.

:bow: MP3's :bow:

Pop music is full of sellouts and corporatized bastards. But, most pop artists are just creations of the corporations and not real bands anyway. Real bands spend years together creating a sound they like, play at many bars and local venues, make albums that are only sold on the streets or on the internet (new wave method!), and then get a big break by signing a contract to be produced by a big record company. Those groups are the least likely to sellout.

I like Evanescence (spelling?) and think the chick has a phenomenal voice. I also think Christina Aguilera has a phenomenal voice. But Ashlee, well, I haven't actually heard her voice yet. I've seen her move her lips to a prerecorded track, but that's about it. You must consider the difference between actually selling out and groups that were corporate babies in the first place.