Not a shrewd move. . .

Elvish

I understand about the debts, but she only owed $25 million (like I've got that lying around!) Last year and the first three quarters of this year they had $83 million in revenues. I'm not sure that counts what she made on her album, and I use that term loosely.

Sounds like too easy an out, especially for that price. Maybe she just wants to give up the headache of it all.

I would have trouble selling my parents "estate" to the highest bidder as well, not that they have that much. It would be selling their legacy and just wrong, in my opinion. Maybe she feels differently since she didn't know him very long?

I agree that the average American shouldn't sell off their parent's name but in this situation I feel it likely best. Elvis' name can now only become more famous and that's the most any of us should ever expect, to be remembered for giving the world great joy, generation after generation, long after we're dead and buried.

I hate the idea but have to pull a positive side out. If Elvis was my dad I'd of never in hell sold him out.

No idea if it's sound financially (does seem like chump change at first hearing though alongside the other figures ). I do sense from watching/reading her past interviews that she did feel a bit overwhelmed and uncomfortable with the resposibility of carrying the whole 'Elvis Inc./legacy thing' on her shoulders, even with her mother's help. She seems to really want to carve out an unique identity for herself -- perhaps like McCartney's daughter. Without any clear reason(s) why, I've always felt sorry for her and hope this was a good move. Don't want to read in 10+ years or so from now, " A Pennyless and Broken Lisa Marie Cries: I've Been Swindled !" or the like