Words

lucylooloo

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:laughing: Kevin, it's quite funny because alot of people comfuse me with an American or an Aussie. I'm soft South African, so I don't know how anyone confuses me with any of those! Nothing quite beats a boerseun saying alot of phrases though. I don't think any of you would understand a word of it, but it's funny to watch!

An Aussie I can see 'cause all those foreign English accents related to the British Isles sound alike to the untrained ear. Seriously, how would someone from the US be able to tell the difference between Scottish and Irish accents? South African and Australian accents? I like them all, though... which is why even if they're cussing like sailors it all sounds quite... eloquent! :: I think from now on I'll use the phrase "I'll knock yer bloody 'ead off" whenever someone pisses me off :jester: Noone here says "bloody" for anything!

"When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said, in a rather scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - nothing more nor less. " " The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things." "The question is, " said Humpty Dumpty, " Which is to be master - that's all. " ::

so anyway roish i was in temple bar roish and myself and oisin went for a mocha latte frappuccino and then loike along came naoise and he said roish that lauren and roisin were having a party out in foxrock but i was loike well really roish i'd rather go to lillies cos loike i'm supposed to be meeting sam and sisqo there loike and the bouncers all know me roish so i loike get free points all night y'know....

oh my god, i want to kill those people!!!

so anyway roish i was in temple bar roish and myself and oisin went for a mocha latte frappuccino and then loike along came naoise and he said roish that lauren and roisin were having a party out in foxrock but i was loike well really roish i'd rather go to lillies cos loike i'm supposed to be meeting sam and sisqo there loike and the bouncers all know me roish so i loike get free points all night y'know....

oh my god, i want to kill those people!!!

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

I know roish! I was all in lillies last night roish! And I like got wasted! And my mum caught me and she was like "yknow ciara, I think you're wasted!" And I was like, "yeah okay mum, whatever" yknow and like then she wanted me to like yknow go out and buy her some bailys, so she gave me 50 euros, and I was like "Mum! only fifty euros?!" God whash did I ever do to her youknow?

So roish I got her her bailys and she got wasted. I was so embarrased like, you know!

GRRRR I hate Dublin four people!!!

i say dude a lot but my accent is not really very scottish as in "och aye ye ken the noo", my accent sounds more americanised but all my friends talk like that. i also say "jah" a lot and i used to have a very cool catch phrase which was "oh mycod you *insert fish here*" but all my old friends who i now hate coz they were two-faced stole it from me and used it grrrrr. :rockon:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

I know roish! I was all in lillies last night roish! And I like got wasted! And my mum caught me and she was like "yknow ciara, I think you're wasted!" And I was like, "yeah okay mum, whatever" yknow and like then she wanted me to like yknow go out and buy her some bailys, so she gave me 50 euros, and I was like "Mum! only fifty euros?!" God whash did I ever do to her youknow?

So roish I got her her bailys and she got wasted. I was so embarrased like, you know!

GRRRR I hate Dublin four people!!!

Is that what they really sound like? They speak like a bad 80's movie from the US. And what the heck is Dublin four???

Remember that episode in Married With Children when the Bundys go to the UK? There was Lower Uncton and Upper Uncton... it's probably something like that with the Dublin Four people. I kinda like that title "Dublin Four"... sounds like the name of a band already! :drummer: :guitar: :headphones:

Is that what they really sound like? They speak like a bad 80's movie from the US. And what the heck is Dublin four???

Dublin is divided into different parts..Dublin 1, Dublin 2, dublin 3..etc

Dublin 4 is possibly the most upperclass area of Dublin, very expensive and the people are usually snooty!

You might hear Gisela and I saying "oh that's so D 4" We mean dublin four..They are usually spoiled brats who tlak upper class, but go out and get "wastes" (yes, that is one of their words) everynight, and spend Mummy and daddys money. They have a rather annoying accent and tend to say "like, you know" in every sentence. But no, its kinda like the Irish "valley talk" :blah:

What would be Whash

Right would be Roish..

that kinda sound.. LOL

This thread's title reminds me of the song I'm hearing now by Missing Persons, one of the first MTV videos and a personal 80's favourite so I'll type a bit:

*increasing lead sustain

*in comes bass - DO-DO-DO-DO-DO-D0-D0

*one chord heavy strum - BOWN!!!

Do you hear me?

BOWN!!!

Do you care?

BOWN!!!

What are words for

When no one listens

Anymore?

What for?

:afro:

Edit - Shoot folks, I just realized I've grown tentacles. This calls for a double 'lude by none other than *heavy warble- RRRingo and a li'l octi joke at the bottom. Don't forget the snorkles:

I'd like to be, under the sea

In an octopus' garden in the shade

He'd let us in, knows where we've been

In his octupus' garden, in the shade.

I'd ask my friends to come and see

An octopus' garden with me

I'd like to be under the sea

In an octopus' garden in the shade.

We would be warm, below the storm

In our little hideaway beneath the waves

Resting our head, on the sea bed

In an octopus' garden near a cave