Words

lucylooloo

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I try never using the same word twice in conversation. It's impossible I know but trying increases vocabulary. Even the simplest of words can be transformed into music for the ears when trying to mentally find it's synonym.

Speaking of the power of words:

I still think man's most beneficial contribution to himself is the power of the written word.

British, Irish, and Aussie accents are high-larious. If I knew someone from those places, I'd probably piss them off all the time just so I could hear them blow their top in their accent :)

I use the word "like" and the phrase "you know?" a lot, but that's no big surprise, huh? ;)

:laughing: Kevin, it's quite funny because alot of people comfuse me with an American or an Aussie. I'm soft South African, so I don't know how anyone confuses me with any of those! Nothing quite beats a boerseun saying alot of phrases though. I don't think any of you would understand a word of it, but it's funny to watch!

Kevin tries to speak without using pronouns. Kevin thinks it makes Kevin sound 'mysterious' , but most people tend to just avoid Kevin's company. Hmm ? :P :: :doh:

Kevin speaks like Louis XIV, The Sun King... avoiding "I" and reffering to himself as "he"... :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Must be coz he´s japanese...

ooh how holden caulfield of you uncle joe!

yes jill, i hate when D4 people say 'right' all the time, they say it like 'roish' - grrr!!!

i say 'basically' all the time, like my mum - she was called ms basically by some students of hers. i also say 'i'm only joking!!' nearly anything i make a joke about someone so that people know i'm not serious! that must get annoying! in german i say 'genau' constantly - it means exactly. i even said that a few times in my irish oral for the leaving - not a good plan!!