What rock band had or has the best vocals?

dockwats

If we are discussing tightness and blending in harmony, as opposed to great single voices, I would go with The Hollies, The Commodores, Sam and Dave, The Bee Gees and though not typically considered in rock discussions, The Everly Brothers defined and set the standard for great diverse harmonies to which subsequent rock groups might attain.

• 4 weeks later...

For smooth, soul-wrenching harmonies, then you can't go past The Beatles, The Eagles, The Zombies, Marc Bolan of T-Rex, Freddie Mercury of Queen, Grace Slick of Jefferson Airplane and The Beach Boys. But for a more rough and rocky style of vocals, I reckon Joey & Dee Dee Ramone of The Ramones, James Hetfield of Metallica, Paul Stanley of KISS, Jim Morrison from the Doors, Robert Plant of Led Zep, Roger Daltrey of The Who, Bob Seger and Bruce Springsteen. David Bowie is probably halfway between both categories.

:beatnik:

Even though I am going to stay with my choice of Queen, I agree that individually Kiedis has a very entertaining voice...but then again, there are an abundance of artists that are just phenomenal and can inspire different emotions just from their respective sound. That is why I feel a bands harmony together, the build up of talent around that one awesome voice, is just a really awesome thing.