Liner Notes

_jr_

I was reading through the liner notes of my Albert King/SRV Session cd, and Stevie mentioned that while they were doing the last cut, 'Don't Lie to Me', while he (Stevie) was taking his turn on lead guitar, he glanced over and there was Albert, leaning back in his chair, using an emery board on his fingernail, not paying Stevie any mind, messing with Stevie, more or less saying, 'You're just a pup'.

That explained why, on the cd, Stevie starts laughing during his lead solo.

I just thought that was interesting, and that I'd share it with everyone. We're all music lovers, and have spent time reading liner notes. Anyone have any other interesting things they've read? Oddities?

I know, on one of my KISS albums, I forget which, they thank 'the girl with the green hair'. Hmmm.

I love buying the Greatest Hits albums and reading the inside CD sleave. It's always full of useful information and lots of interesting stuff concerning the band. The Eagles "Very Best Of" CD has a whole bunch of information about the history of the band. So does Lynyrd Skynyrd "Thyrty". How else do you find out about the behind the scenes items that no one really talks about...?