Innocence - A matter of fact

Hitcher86

Hi to all members, I'm Jon from the UK, and I have a mystery song which I believe is from the late 80s or early 90s,

I remember some of the lyrics such as: 'Now that you no longer want me, what am I suppose to do, now that you no longer need me, how am I suppose to live my life without you'

And also: 'It's a very sad fact, the man no longer wants me, his words were clear, he don't want me here'

It was sung by what sounded like a coloured woman in her 20s, or possibly 30s. With a piano intro & deep bass sound.

Have done all kinds of searches on the net, but no luck...sorry I can't recall any more info! Your collective input/thoughts would be most welcome. :bow:

Hey Jon, Welcome to SongFacts, the Internet's most knowledgeable music source, by the people for the people. ::

The answer to your question is ...

Michael Bolton - "How Am I Supposed to Live Without You"

Please stick around & post a few more comments, we look forward to seeing you around.

Hi, thanks for the welcome. I am a bit confused about the answer you gave though...Michael Bolton :doh: I know his song very well and it is not that I'm afraid. Besides the lyrics I posted are very different to the ones in Bolton's song, and it is most definately a woman singing the one I'm after.

I remember a little more of the lyrics if it is any further help: 'And now, I'm all alone, it's hard to face the truth even when it stares right at yoooou, how could I have wasted lonely days, and watched you slip awaaay'

That really is all I can give you, as I have just over half the song on an old cassette tape that I got from the radio when it was released, so I am sure about the lyrics being right.

And put with the lyrics in my original post, that's about half the song I have described!

Someone here must have heard this little gem at some point, it really is a lovely tune :headphones:

Hi MuzikTyme, hmmm...I think we need to forget about it being any rendition of 'How am I suppose to live without you' as I have double checked the lyrics to that song, and they are not the same at all, apart from 'how am I suppose to live' including 'my life' before 'without you' which I guess is just a coincidence, but thank you for your suggestion :)

I think 'Now that you no longer want me (or need me) are more likely candidates to appear in the song title somewhere, as it is in the chorus.

But it could be one of those songs that has a title that doesn't even get mentioned in the lyrics, plus it may only really be known around Europe, and don't think it reached the States, but who knows?

Music goes like: (Piano) 'dum dum dun' Bass follows 'ba dump a dump' repeat a couple of times, then the piano goes up a key or so, then the :drummer: comes in.

Maybe that info is useless, as I'm no musician, but it could jog someones memory hopefully. But I can see this is gonna be a difficult one to fathom out!

Hey XXX,

First song that came to mind was Mariah Carey's "Without You" It's one of her more tolerable tunes

Well, Carey is one of the last women I personally would listen to, as I don't like her stuff at all, but it's just her rendition of Neilsson's Without You, so doesn't match the song I'm after lyricwise either :(

The woman who sings the song in question sounds like a cross between Oleta Adams, Brenda Russell and Anita Baker, BUT...I have checked out all their songs and none of them match my mystery track ::

I have been trying to find this song for months, and have got no closer in my quest, so it is very frustrating to say the least :stars:

• 1 month later...

After some detective work via my local radio stations, I finally found out what the song was:

'Innocence - A Matter Of Fact'

Its from 1990, released in the UK on the Cooltempo label, for anyone that maybe interested!

Thanks again to all that attempted to help previously :thumbsup: