Hall of Fame inductees announced for 2005

MindCrime

U2 was accepted in their first year of eligibility

The Pretenders

The O'Jays

Percy Sledge

& Buddy Guy were all inaugurated for the following ceremony.

2005 Hall of Fame Inductees

"The Sex Pistols, Patti Smith, The Stooges, Lynyrd Skynyrd, the J. Geils Band, and the late Conway Twitty were once again rejected for induction."

What the f--- is that bulls---? Lynyrd Skynyrd gets screwed again? As if Skynyrd didn't make enough impact on the world of rock 'n roll with songs like Sweet Home Alabama, Freebird, Simple Man, Workin' For MCA, Curtis Loew, Things Goin' On, Saturday Night Special, Call Me The Breeze, One More Time, do I need to keep going with this?

I just heard this today. Skynard has been overlooked for 6 nominated for 6 years in a row, and hasn't got in yet. What is that? There are people in there that I would put Skynard miles above.

It just doesn't make sense. I heard it was a southern thing a "dumb hicks" thing, but the Allman brothers are in. They are like the Susan Lucci's of music, 10 times over. ;)

The only reason Skynyrd didn't become the biggest Southern Rock band ever was because of the plane crash that killed Ronnie Van Zant, Steve Gaines, and Cassie Gaines. After that the band went into "hiding" for about ten years until they asked Johnny Van Zant to take the lead singer and continue the band. Allen Collins was struggling and died not too long ago. The band had some very hard times and things were very quiet during these periods. If that plane crashed never occurred, I feel Lynyrd Skynyrd would have been inducted long ago. In the past few years they have started to make their way back onto the top of the Southern Rock pile. I think we'll see them inducted in the next few years as their popularity starts to grow again.

"The Sex Pistols, Patti Smith, The Stooges, Lynyrd Skynyrd, the J. Geils Band, and the late Conway Twitty were once again rejected for induction."

Addict, you´re so right about Lynyrd Skynyrd... they needed time... but what can we expect from big brains who rejected the above quoted?

• 2 weeks later...

What the f--- is that bulls---? Lynyrd Skynyrd gets screwed again? As if Skynyrd didn't make enough impact on the world of rock 'n roll with songs like Sweet Home Alabama, Freebird, Simple Man, Workin' For MCA, Curtis Loew, Things Goin' On, Saturday Night Special, Call Me The Breeze, One More Time, do I need to keep going with this?

You can if you want, I don't think they ever made a bad song. Undoubtedly my favorite southern-rock band, bar none. They truly had a unique sound unlike the other southern rock bands of the time; Allman Bros., Marshall Tucker, Pure Prairie League, The Outlaws, etc., etc.

Their attention to musicianship was outstanding, their seamless instrument harmony was unlike any band I've heard.

Skynryd should've been in long ago. Their music will live for ever. I've never grown tired of their classic sound but have grown with it.

All-time Skynryd fav song:

Tie between Ballad of Curtis Lowe and Cheatin' Woman.