Over and Over - original version?

dovy

Hi,

It is one of my favourite song "over and over I whisper your name, over and over I kiss you again..." I have two versions, one of D Fannel and one of Nana Mouskouri, but which one is original? Who's D Fannel? My friend said about a French version, has anyone heard it yet?

Any info about this song? I'd appreciate it :)

As far as I can tell, Over and Over was originally a traditional French song. Nana Mouskouri sings it in French as Roule S'enroule. Her English version gives composer credit to Chapman, Fennell and Petsilas. I'm not sure who they are but apparently they wrote & arranged the English translation.

I think I found the same reference to D Fannel as you did E-A, was it a Vietnamese site? My best guess is whoever D Fannel is she is singing the same English arrangement as Nana.

Hope that's helpful! :)

Thanks guys!

I tried to search a little bit bio of Nana, and got this "in 1969, she released her first full-length British LP, Over and Over, a smash hit that spent almost two years on the charts". So, did Nana really sing the French version before the English version? Wow, I wish I could hear that French version... BTW, are most of Nana's songs in French? Yeah right, a fan of Nana would help me out :D

Hi, Dovy! (Thanks, Sara, for the info!!! I´m missing these days... And Suzie for being always ready to help!) I´m not a fan of nana Mouskouri but I´m French... so I can tell you that yes, she sings in French, though she is from Greece. If you need any lyrics or info, let me know... Earth-Angel and I make a good team, she knows where to find and I can translate!!!