Best Concert DVD's

Danielj

I am looking exactly for the same, Daniel. I just had a dvd and all I have is a Pretenders live in L.A. concert... I was planning to buy "Let it Be" (japanese version, it´s still not in the shops... McCartney or Jackson, what are you waiting for??), a good one by PinkFloyd and also see if "Gimme Shelter" (The Concert of the Stones at Altamont) is for sale. This last one is incredible, if you find it, get it!

And I´m planning to give my 100 rock concerts and clips vhs to someone who could fix them a little, but I guess it´s not possible, video loses quality with the years...

Oh, a great one: "Under a Blood Red Sky", U2.

And ANY Otis Redding performance...

You know, I got that like 2 weeks ago and I forgot to wath it. Ther's also that David Gilmour one from 2002 which is great. The guy finally looks happy. He even plays a Syd solo song!!

There's also the KQED 1970 TV broadcast, which is a concert with cool visuals inserted. :bow:

Theeeeen theres the Wall live in 80 DVD bootleg. Pure awesomeness :bow:

Yesterday we went looking for some good concert on DVD... just one, or maybe two... We came home with an awesome Lenny Kravitz live, all the Madness clips and "Let it Be" (dunno where the man of the shop got it from...). I was about to get me "Sympathy for the Devil" (Jean-Luc Goddard) and the Magic Circus, but we found the very first three Uriah Heep cds so we went home more than happy. I´ll get me the Magic Circus another day...

Ziggy Stardust The Movie. Bowie and Spiders made their last stand on July 3rd (I think), 1973. This is the final show for Ziggy when Bowie announces , "Not only is this the last show of the tour, but, it's the last show that we'll ever do". The horrified fans at The Hammersmith Odeon shriek at the thought.

It has been so long since I saw this, but I know Jeff Beck joins Bowie and spiders for Jean Genie. I had a bootleg of this from the time I was a teener, then they put out the movie and the soundtrack.

It's not as good as actually seeing Bowie as Ziggy (one benefit of my age) but it does a great job capturing the theatrics. Back in the 70's there were three great shows that has live acts on each week. They were "In Concert", "The Midnight Special" and "Don Kirshner's Rock Show (or something like that)" I saw Bowie perform "The 1980 Floor Show" as Ziggy there after i had seen it live. Great stuff.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...