Isn't Stairway to Heaven is the best song ever?.

Karhul

No it's not the best song ever. It may be a very monumental song and a definite legendary song for Led Zeppelin, but that doesn't make it the best song ever. The song carries a meaning that is hard to find and it also carries a lot of controversy. In my eyes, some of the best songs are those that aren't heard quite as often. It's just like Freebird. So many people think Freebird is along the lines of Stairway To Heaven when it comes to Lynyrd Skynyrd, but it is in no way their greatest song.

I don't know, off the top of my head, I can only think of about 1,000,000,000 better songs than this one!

Hitch a ride - by Boston

Anything by the Eagles, anything by George Thuroughgood, anything by Bob Seger, anything by Led Zeppelin - how about - Boogie with Stu?! ANYTHING from Houses Of The Holy or LZ-II, how about Heartbreaker or Moby Dick!!

• 2 weeks later...

Although Stairway is one of the greatest recordings known to man, I won't say it's the "best" song ever because music is a matter of taste, to each his own right? But, what were the likes of Dolly Parton, Dave Matthews and the Foo Fighters (are they even a real band?) doing when they decided to remake, or shall I say desecrate this timeless classic. If you agree with me give me a ^5.

Although Stairway is one of the greatest recordings known to man, I won't say it's the "best" song ever because music is a matter of taste, to each his own right? But, what were the likes of Dolly Parton, Dave Matthews and the Foo Fighters (are they even a real band?) doing when they decided to remake, or shall I say desecrate this timeless classic. If you agree with me give me a ^5.

Wow, lots of points but seriously, what about "Limelight" by Rush? It's all I ever wanted to hear and all I ever hope to hear. Many other songs might make the list but for example, "Crackerman" by STP is a great song but I couldn't stand it for thirty years.