Staring at Album Covers

Kevin

Probably alot of you remember buying a new album, in this case a 33RPM), and hoping that the album cover/ inserts would enlighten you a little or entertain you while you were listening to it. I guess CD's may have the same effect, though they didn't for me (too small) .Perhaps for many of us this was the closest we could physically feel towards some music/group/ singer/ etc. that we were into at the time and wanted to find some 'meaning' in it -- obvious or otherwise; unless we were lucky enough to catch a concert. Any rememberences ?

"Some Girls" - Rolling Stones -- clever at first, but just struck me as goofy later.

"Exile on Main Street" - Rolling Stones -- great photography, started buying book collections after

"School's Out" -- Alice Cooper -- a great collection of wackiness

"Unmasked"-- Kiss-- A comic book format with so much anticipation--but... ?!

"Hotel California" -- I've since heard that place actually exists as a hotel in California but all I can say is, " The spirit of Christ compels you.. ".

:afro: :stars:

The first Santana album with the composite pictue of the lion. Whipped Cream by Herb Alpert & TJB (I think all of us teenage boys convinced our parents that it was Ok, Dad liked it too). Sgt. Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band by the Beatles was the topic of many discussions.

I did hesitate and reflect for in excess of eleven or twelve seconds. But seriously, Kevin, I just included the link for supplementary staring fuel.

CD packages just can't compete with getting that foot-square front and back piece of art to hold when you listen to a new/old LP.

Yawn... Yawn... Man, excuse me. For some reason I'm having trouble keeping my eyes open. :sleepy:

Jr,( fake shocked look) ::, p.s that's a damn fine idea for a new thread --- little gimmicks your pals used for "feeling groovy" --

However, being an all ages web-site 'feeling groovy' naturally refers to the wonderful feeling one has when one realizes that one is full of spunk and get-go with a 'devil-may-care' attitude -- Parental 13 ::

Feeling slight resonsibility for this thread, I'd like to affirm parents viewing in that 'pot' refers to the potted geranium , which has been an ongoing discussion here in the threads--man, they're awful to keep healthy in the winter ! Frisbees have been mentioned; though I wonder if anyone here has also 'kept their geraniums' by by burning off the cigarette paper and leaving a cheap foil... nasty results, but still worthwhile;as the blooms do come predominately in April.----- Free Martha ! ::