New Server

Carl

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, edna, you're about to surpass me postwise

Oh, no, I´ll stop posting, Chris!!! I ws the last one to come, it´s not fair... And I don´t have much time... no computer at home... and a house, work and husband to take care of!(and other things...) And the server won´t let me post as soon as I wish...

So pls, run, everybody, I don´t want to surpass nobody else...

HAPPY NEW SERVER!!! (i mean, new YEAR!!!)

The internal server errors have been acting up the last few days, but we're in the testing stages on the new server, and might have it ready in about a week. I'm a little on the compulsive side when it comes to testing, but it will save a lot of problems down the road if we put it through the ringer before it goes online.

Hooray for 2005!

I think we'll be on a fresh new server by Wednesday, which should eliminate those nasty Internal Server Errors.

There still might be an issue with the boards getting really slow from time to time, but we will have a much better chance of isolating the problem and getting it taken care of.

There still might be an issue with the boards getting really slow from time to time, but we will have a much better chance of isolating the problem and getting it taken care of.

Thank you, Carl!!! It´s running so so so slow that I wonder how could I get to surpass Chris, the superposter... Thanks for taking care of this, you kow that by now we are all hooked on songfacts!!!!

We upgraded one of our servers today, which should make the boards a lot faster and more stable. It looks good, but if you notice anything funky, let us know so we can check it out.

Thanks,

Carl

For me its always painfully slow, sometimes it can take 5 minutes to load a page (without photos). I'm on a 1mb Broadband connection and no other sites cause me any problem :(

Sorry to be a pain in the bleep, but when I try to go to the last page of some thread (for instance, "Who am I?" page 5 or 6, in Fun and Games, as well as almost all of them) I can´t open the last one, I always get the one before the last... That happens mainly in the threads with 50 or 60 pages, so I can´t get into it...is it a server problem? Thank you, Carl!!!

Hi! Just moved mac into new house... first thing I did was get into songfacts and it worked! I won´t have to mess it all up now, I´m so glad (Cream)... now I have to fix the mail, which might be harder, but at least I can post... Hope UncleJo gets back his posts... and the new server is behaving itself!