New Server

Carl

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, it's me - complaining again... :o

Carl, the only problems I have noticed were 2 of my posts disappearing this evening! I posted them at work before I left and when I got home, they had vanished! Also, when I receive a PM (I'm such a popular girl :P ) the envelope will flash and then disappear before I have opened it. Yet when I mouse over the taskbar, the cursor changes to a hand and it links me to my PM list. Otherwise, the pages are loading much faster and no more 404 or SQL errors :thumbsup:

Appreciate the changes and hope no one else is having any problems :)

First, about the banners:

We haven't been happy with the ad networks we tried on the message boards, so we're going to look for a better solution. We want to avoid stupid or deceptive ads, but I'd be fine with relevant, mostly music-oriented stuff. The banners are a little annoying, but they can help pay the bills.

As far as the dreaded Internal Server Error, that's our other server acting up. We're working on an upgrade for that one, which requires writing new code, testing, and hoping for the best. I'm not sure if it will happen before or after the new year, but we'll get it done.

I've been getting a lot of internal server errors, website not responding etc. but I just close out and try again and it usually works. Something disconcerting happened. Twice when I have logged on to my homepage I have come up with Muziks. If I click on anything(not trying to be nosy, just trying to figure it out) it takes me to my homepage. What is that about? And no one lse both times it was muziks page.

It's the Borg. Resistance is futile! Muhahahaha!!!

I have the same problem from time to time. A few times, Windy's has come up as my log in.

Also, just lately, when I come to the site, it says I have to log in. So, I do and check remember me. Then I'll hit Main page and it says I have to log in again. I'll go through this a few times and for whatever reason things start working.

I just figure that Carl and Sara are behind the curtain, pushing buttons and pulling levers to make things better.

Sometimes, one has to turn off the power to get the lights on.

grazy.gif

Also, just lately, when I come to the site, it says I have to log in. So, I do and check remember me. Then I'll hit Main page and it says I have to log in again. I'll go through this a few times and for whatever reason things start working.

I have that quite often. It takes a few hits on F5 or just going back and forth between the pages to fix it up. Also, I've noticed that if you login from the homepage it won't recognise your login details and you have to do it again from the nav bar on the main forum page.

Small bumps on the road :)

Oh, my God... absolutely crazy... I can´t get into songfacts... it runs so slow since last friday... collapsed all the time...I even thought of some bad vib hacking the site... I feel ridiculous but I love songfacts, i already emailed to the mods to see if the server had some problem or if it was my computer... hope I get lucky...

The problems you guys are experiencing are from the other server. There's two of them! We're working on getting that one changed too but it takes more work, we need the programmers to rewrite some of our code to work on the new machine. Hopefully by next week we'll be on a new server. Sorry for the troubles everyone!