Back in the day - Tef & Jon / Ahmad

sweetie62

Sue is earth angel. She's our resident Grand Poobah of the Loyal Order of Googlers. Fastest gun in here, I'd say. She'll be around tomorrow.

Songfacts is a great place. Hope you hang around. While you're here, go down the hall, to the right, there's an instrument room. Don't mess around with the bongos, though.

Danielj is touchy about his bongos. :)

Stimerol anyone?

Welcome to Songfacts, don't believe a word these 2 say! :neener:

Ok, ok, yes I am good with google. :o

Have you maybe tried "Back in the day" by Missy Elliott?

Do you know anymoe about the song, like is it an oldie? new? Male? female? group? rock/rap/pop?

I know Erykah Badu also performs a song called "back in the day" and it's basically about doing a hotbox in the car. This might be more along the lines of the Mary J reference.

That is, if it is a song making a marijuana (mary jane) reference. Or is it a song about Mary J Blige?

umm well its sung (is that a word?.. :: phew brain fart..) by a girl.. its not an oldie.. pretty new, and they play it on the radio alot.. well hot 89.9 anyway but i guess non of yu live near ottawa.. but for some reason i never catch who they say its sung by! oh darn!

thnx for helping

-Emz =:P

• 4 weeks later...

I don't know what the song you're asking about is, but now I have one stuck in my head that's bugged me since high school... it's a hip-hoppish song, it was in a trailer for some movie with Omar Epps I think, and the chorus went "Back in the day, when I was young, I'm not a kid anymore, but somedays I sit and wish I was a kid again."

That gets stuck in my head on a continuous loop just about every time anyone says "Back in the day" Anyone know the name of it? Or the artist?

• 3 weeks later...