Sign in to follow this  
Mike

Grammy Award Nominations - 2005

Grammy predictions?

Album of the year?

Song Of The Year?

Very cool to see Ray Charles on there. (better late than never)

Also instumentals - Allman Bros and Rush's O Baterista.

Anyone have any thoughts on the grammy's?

I don't like the grammys. My 2 favorite bands, the Jimi Hendrix Experience, and Led Zeppelin, never won any grammys, but guess who did? Bill Clinton! And Gorbachev! They won grammys! Rush never won any either, but they got Juno Awards, Canadian Grammys.

I think it's great that the Los Lonely Boys were nominated 4 times: Best New Artist, Record of the Year (Heaven), Best Rock Instrumental (Onda) and Best Pop/Rock Duo or Group. Hope they win at least one.

Also, I'm glad to see Ray Charles nominated. His duet with Norah Jones was particularly good.

The thing that leads me to believe the Grammys are fixed is the fact that someone tends to pretty much sweep them every year. This year will probably be Usher.

I don't like the grammys. My 2 favorite bands, the Jimi Hendrix Experience, and Led Zeppelin, never won any grammys, but guess who did? Bill Clinton! And Gorbachev! They won grammys!

At least William Shattner has not won one yet...

My grandaughter Sophie thinks my wife Joann is the best Grammy in the world. I do, too.

Sophie is so right!!!! We must learn from the youngest among the youngs!!! My two Grammys were also the best ones! :laughing: :laughing:

I don't like the grammys. My 2 favorite bands, the Jimi Hendrix Experience, and Led Zeppelin, never won any grammys, but guess who did? Bill Clinton!

Yeah, Slick Willie is nominated again - I wouldn't be suprised if he ends up with two Grammys under his belt.

Pretty dull year with Greenday receiving nominations in best record & album for "American Idiot"

The only category I'm interested in this year is Electric Album ::

I'm going for Scissor Sisters "Comfortably Numb" [Dance Recording]

Steve Earle or Tom Waits [solo Rock Vocal]

Incubus [Hard Rock]

Cradle of Filth or Motörhead [Metal]

Rush - O Baterista [Rock Instrumental] Steve Vai & Allman Bros. are also nominated

Velvet Revolver - Fall to Pieces [Rock Song]

Velvet Revolver - Contraband [Rock Album]

Franz Ferdinand [Alternative]

Los Lonely Boys in the categories they're nominated