Calling all Kiss Fans.

Ken

CD is venting because of the mass popularity of Kiss. I can live with that. Causes me no end of amusement when they show backstage photos of Rancid, Soundgarden, Green Day and a squillion other 'punk' bands just ecstatic to be in the company of Kiss. One of the guys at work went on and on and on about Pantera being so much better than Kiss. I brought in a photo of one of the members of Pantera proudly displaying his Ace Frehley tattoo over his heart. I win. But as much as CD tries to irk me, I actually admire the little guy. He posesses the true spirit of punk. Rebellion. The 'in your face' attitude. See, when punk really started to get noticed, I loved it too. Kiss had gone pop-ish and eschewed their early 'crunchy' style. And I HATED (at the time) the mainstream offerings. The "Journey-REO Speedwagon-Yes-Pink Floyd-Rush-(sorry Mike)-Supertramp" stuff that was so mainstream. I found myself listening to the Pistols, Dead Kennedys, Clash, Ramones, etc. But music (any kind of music) is really a snapshot of what is going on at any given time. And then, it was diferent. It was different times. Cyber is supposed to dislike me or my generation as much as I guess I'd dislike his. We live in two different worlds. The Pistols slashed the '70's apart with the screech of "Anarchy In The U.K.". And that song had two different meanings. They were railing about the social ills going on in England at that time. For me, is was a screeching contrast to the above mentioned pop bands. Anger. Bitter anger. Discordant, and at odds. And my parents hated it. But they kinda liked Kiss' "I Was Made For Lovin' You". And I wasn't happy with them liking what I did. I didn't know that at the time, but my music was supposed to be just that. Mine. My generation's music. Not theirs. And dear God, they hated the Pistols. But I didn't. So CD, you rail on. I don't seek, nor want your acceptance. Nor do I accept or seek your's. But I will tell you something. You best be doing something, Junior. Because if Agulera and Spears is the best your generation can offer, your screwed.

Oh, and by the way?

Kiss ROCKS. :rockon:

Ken.

Good point Ken. Listening to rap because of parental rebellion is kind of pointless when your mom starts singing along with it in the car!

The most rebellious music around these days is really hard

metal stuff, like disturbed, which I don't really like.

How I wish I was a teen in the early 90s, or late 60's to 70's.

Though I couldn't really roll with the Kiss fans (always suspicious of the great R&R swindle as well as make-up issues --which I now think (hope) was a parody of glam rock ?!), in hindsight, I'd have to say that they were trying to reinvigorate rock when it was dying,seriously, and I salute them for it. Fortunately for all; before they got too big for their britches came, " God save the Queen, she ain't no human being".... and they all lived happily ever after...

It reminds me so much of what my dear departed father used to say, " What the Hell are you doing in the bathroom all day and night ? Why don't you get out of there and give someone else a chance ?" --- "Young Frankenstein"

MUSICAL INTERLUDE:

"I know a thing or two about her

I know she'll only make you cryyyy

She'll let you walk the street beside her

But when she wants, she'll pass you byyyyyyyy

Everybody says she's lookin' good

And the lady knows it's understood

Strutter

She wears her satins like a lady

She gets her way just like a child

You take her home and she says, "Maybe, baby"

She takes you down and drives you wild

Everybody says she's lookin' good

And the lady knows it's understood

Strutter"

:guitar: :guitar: :guitar: :guitar:

:afro: :afro: :afro: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

The Professor and cat-man circa 1976

neilpeartpetercriss5mz.jpg

When I was reading "Contents Under Pressure: 30 years of RUSH at home and away", I was intrigued by the commradery these two bands had while touring together, even some of the antics that they pulled on each other. One time Kiss played a joke on Rush, I think it was cream pies, Alex said he was cleaning "stuff" out of his pick-ups afterwords, then Rush covered the stage with whipped cream just before Kiss was to go on another night. I remember them saying that Kiss was always respectful to Rush while most headliners degraded their opening act.

Rush released "All the worlds a stage" because of the tremedous success that "Kiss Alive!" had generated.

While I'm not a huge Kiss fan, I've learned one thing about them... they were a class act and have a very unique and dedicated fan-base.

Mike

Here's my little tribute

145373Gene_Simmons.jpg

Whoo, alright

My heater?s broke and I?m so tired

I need some fuel to build a fire

The girl next door, her lights are out, yeah

The landlord?s gone, I?m down and out

Ooh, it?s cold gin time again

You know it?ll always win

Cold gin time again

You know it?s the only thing