Flood of Rose Petals

CaptainMikeRS

This is my fourteenth song, written for Jenny. This one has chamber pop melody.

"Flood of Rose Petals"

(Written December 7, 2004

by Mike R. Smale

© 2004)

Fragrances fill the air,

rose petals flutter on the breeze.

Brushing by your silky hair,

and swirling past your knees.

Obscuring such a wintry day,

putting on this alluring display.

Holding you as the wind blows,

and the petals fall like the snow.

As this mystic shower falls

and wisps on through.

I just want you to know

that I love you.

A sea of white and red,

covers all of the ground.

And decorates your head

with a flower-patterned crown.

As this mystic shower falls

and wisps on through.

I just want you to know

that I'll always love you.

YAY! Beautiful as always! But if I may ask a VERY stupid question (and you all must know that I completely understand how pedestrian this query is...) what IS chamber pop? I'm trying to get the full effect of the song in my head and it's just not getting there...haha...well, I've been embarrassed enough for one day...Bravo on your great work!

Nikki ::

YAY! Beautiful as always! But if I may ask a VERY stupid question (and you all must know that I completely understand how pedestrian this query is...) what IS chamber pop? I'm trying to get the full effect of the song in my head and it's just not getting there...haha...well, I've been embarrassed enough for one day...Bravo on your great work!

Nikki ::

This link explains exactly what champer pop (a form of alternative rock) is a lot better than I can.

Link to chamber pop definition

The Divine Comedy is an example of a very popular Irish chamber pop band. Although it's mostly in the UK it found it's way into my style when I first heard them.

Thanks for all the good feedback too, if you go to my profile here there's a link to another site under homepage were I have not just my songs but also many of my poems as well, too many to post here.