2 Fast 2 Furious, the connections?

Even though young adults have died as a result of these movies, and don't get me wrong the movies should'nt accept the blame. Do you see a parallel in the car market and the movie in the way of small cars that are affordable, and capable of doing awesome things on the road? A 200 Hp Honda, Weighing in at probably 1600 lbs, and from a 4-banger that rev's to 8K. Mazda's, Mitsubishi's, Toyota neck snappers, of course there is no substitute for a Porche! BMW, got theres too! Now even Infinity going that direction with it's new street rocket. What's next on the horizon; factory Nitrous injection coupled with Jato? Perhaps the Experiment today with NASA testing the ScramJet has the next movies coming out with rocket cars that do 0 to Mach 10 in 15 seconds. Not a bad quarter mile time, eh? :guitar:

Heehee.

I love the way cars and motorcycles are being built faster and faster while the speed limit is still 65.

Gas prices continue to rise but vehicles like the humvee, excursion and suburban are bigger and bigger and the worst gas guzzlers on the road.

Consumers will buy anything that is faster and bigger without thinking of what truly is running our economy.

Corporate greed.

Let's make the cars faster so we get more tickets. Let's make the vehicles bigger so we sell more gas. Let's sell more cell phones so we can pay for new satellites so people can talk about whether or not they want le suer peas or regular peas for dinner!

They'll talk about and complain about rising gas prices as they pull to the service pump in their excursion, by themself, and use their 18% credit card to refill the gas guzzler so they can drive a tank w/no occupants to the grocery store!

Makes sense to me!

I'm bigger and faster than you! Ok, you can get to where you're going faster but what will you do when you get there?

:P

Also, My friend recently told me about a car from Germany that gets 99 miles per gallon! But they wont allow it into the U.S. because it doesn`t fit emission standards. I'm not sure whether its really the emissions problem or the government doesn`t want the gasoline companies to get upset. Its kind-of like the cigarette issue. Why wont the government bann cigarettes? MONEY

Very good points from all. Gas mileage issues when we are heading toward a record summer sale price to exceed $2.30 a gallon for regular.

Ninety Nine miles per gallon from a German auto maker sounds right to figure there would be no emissions problem getting that kind of fuel economy or better and more technically put as Volumetric Efficiency. It's got to be a dog though?...

Thanks, CHAFF