Oxygen '05

Jillianne

big time!!! camping is crazy fun! you meet all sorts of strange people especially if you sit outside your tent til 5am doing wayne's-world style schwings including hip movement to everyone who walks past! i went to the portaloo at one point, came back 10 min later and there were 40 people around our tent listening to my bro play guitar and sing, and we hadn't even brought a guitar! at about 1am on sunday night everyone runs out of tinnies so they come wandering around offering cigarettes to anyone who will trade. then sit down and won't leave for hours! a load of dubliners set up a "smoking"-marquee next to us and the ringleader (actually without doubt one of the funniest people i've ever met) told me he's fallen in love with me and proposed to me at about 7am on sunday morning!! we were camping right by a gate with a security man on a watch tower so we had a laugh with him all night long. passing men used the gate as a urinal so we would catcall all night long, cheering them on. on monday morning at 7am the security guys come along with horns blaring and sticks to rattle your tents to get ye up and moving. if you refuse to (or are incapable) they open fire with fire extinguishers on your tent. camping really is endless fun!!!

i'll still be in germany when it's on but maybe for my birthday or just for being wonderful someone might bring me home for it..... i hope so!!!

kevin, it's held in punchestown racecourse in county kildare, which is near dublin. next year it's on the 9th and 10th july. it was amazing last year! check out the website for more details!!

last year i saw:

basement jaxx, black eyed peas, electric six, faithless, franz ferdinand, goldie lookin chain, kings of leon, massive attack, n.e.r.d., scissor sisters, the cure, the darkness, the divine comedy, the rapture, the strokes and bits and pieces of a few others. not bad for two days!!

• 5 months later...

*BUMP*

my younger brother went and bought tickets for him and my eldest brother to go to oxegen '05 in july. we three went together last year but this year i'm stuck in munich. the line-up isn't even that great but all about the fun with my bros - nofe air!!! *sulk* :puppyeyes: