Mp3 players..

Jillianne

If all the songs are burned about 128kbps, then each minute of each song will be around 1MB. So if the songs average 4 minutes, then you would need 2GB of space on the MP3 player. Now, the size of the MP3 file will depend on the speed at which it was copied at, but 1MB = 1 min is a pretty good rule of thumb to go by so that you don't end up with less song space than you think you would.

Go i-pod. They're cute, leading the market currently (thus will be catered to), and God knows Apple needs all the friends they can get ! :drummer:

I have a mac... don´t understand much about computers, my husband works with it (graphic designer) but I can´t download music. I know there are programs to do it, etc., but as it´s a working tool I´d rather ask my friends who have PCs to do it for me and burn cds. Seems mac really needs friends...

Jillian, Apple is coming out with an amp/speaker system (here already) which will play your i-pod like a full stereo system ! Also other do-hickeys such as an ...(wait for it)... underwater case and headphones --gleat !--- for picking brineys off the shore; as well as wrap-around i-pod covers for those who want to personalize their conventional looking models.

::

Disclaimer: I do not work for, nor know, any persons connected with Apple corp. ( Give 'em a break though ,love, what more do you want ? )

---Any responses are the property of Apple Inc. ---- ::

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

You're light, Edna! In fact I say "You clazy ? Mally lich famous white boy . Good you ! Big money diworce ! Loalties set you up big time ! Shut up !" *

jillian, yeah lots of dough, but it's worth it !

* The original Japanese, of course, is much more lovely and... poetic !?

Yeah, Ipod rules! I've got one and it absolutely rocks :D

You can download songs for 99c on the Itunes Music Store

I totally agree. iPod's rock.

I bought the 40gig iPod in January... they've released two new versions since then though... the newest has a color screen and you can view photos too.

iPods are cool. :rockon:

40 gigs? That's insane. You know how long it took me to break that barrier? I'm just about to double that now ::

Don't forget that it also matters at what frequency you burn your music. For me 128-kbps isn't enough quality, I prefer 1.53 Mbps. I convert my tracks to a PCM codec of [48 kHz](16bit Stereo) with little or no compression. While this leaves the audio in much more clearer digital sound for my subwoofers & speakers, it also causes it's heavy-weight mass, I'm talkin' 11MB for every minute of music!! That's where these 20-30 gig players come in handy.