Give and Take

Kevin

Another simple offering. The first poster puts out the name of a band/artist ( hence 'Give') and a subsequent poster then 'takes' the group along with a comment as to WHY/WHAT they like about them/him/her. It could be simply a single tune, image, album cover, something they've said/done etc. Any reason will do, and one needn't at all be a big fan of the group to 'take' them.

ex. Poster A: Give -- Captain and Tennile

Poster B: Take -- Always enjoyed their single" Love Will Keep Us Together". Real 'feel-good' melody and lyrics.

Give -- Blue Oyster Cult (etc.)

I guess to help keep things moving, though, if no one has 'taken' the group after a reasonable amount of time (say 12hrs. or so), feel free to 'give' a new one. Subsequent posters can also 'take' a passed over group later, along with the present 'give', if they wish.

Alternatively, the poster of an untaken group may post again, 'take' his own group (along with reason), and 'give' another. Hmm. Hope I haven't made this complex.... ::

To Start:

Give -- Blondie

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Patti Smith was immortalized forever on SNL when Gilda Radnor did a knockout impression of her singing a song called "Give Me Mick". Yes Sammy... that Mick .

One of the funniest impressions I've ever seen. And she looked exactly like Patti...underarm hair and all.

Anyone remember? Wonder if the video is available anywhere?

As I recall she did a damn good impression of Mick, too.

Patti Smith was immortalized forever on SNL when Gilda Radnor did a knockout impression of her singing a song called "Give Me Mick". Yes Sammy... that Mick .

One of the funniest impressions I've ever seen. And she looked exactly like Patti...underarm hair and all.

Anyone remember? Wonder if the video is available anywhere?

As I recall she did a damn good impression of Mick, too.

I remember that one, Joe. I said she was scary.

And, Edna, "Blood and Roses" kicks major ass. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Arlo Guthrie is the eldest son of folk singer/songwriter Woody Guthrie. Arlo's classic "Alice's Restaurant" was inspired by actual events that happened to him on and around Thanksgiving Day 1965.

The Kinks

:afro: :afro: :afro: :rockon: :rockon:

'Atta boy ! :thumbsup: definately one of Canada's best current rock bands. Perhaps a little lacking in musicianship when compared with Rush, lyrically they are maestros. This originally little pub band from Kingston, Ontario have grown into the ranks of the 'big boys'--just need some better promotion, IMO. Any takers should try "Fully, Completely" and "Day or Night". :thumbsup: :beatnik:

Give---Siouxsie and the Banshees