Next in line for a bio pic?

Nirvana2k4

Opinions? Who in your mind would make for a very interesting bio pic next?

I've heard rumors of a Jimi Hendrix bio pic in which that one fella from "Outkast" is it plays him? Could be good I suppose and sadly I see a resemblence in the two.

Personally I'd like to see (although I know his name is over used on this forum) a Kurt Cobain bio pic. I think it would come off very interesting and rather good if studied well and done in good time.

Next to that in my mind would be Freddie Mercury, Janis Joplin or even something on Dylan.

Eh?

Next to that in my mind would be Freddie Mercury, Janis Joplin or even something on Dylan.

I agree with these selections. BTW...two Joplin biopics are already being planned. One titled "Piece Of My Heart" will star Renee Zellweger and is due out in 2005. The other, as yet untitled, will star Alecia "Pink" Moore directed by Penelope Spheeris and is expected to be released in 2005 ahead of Zellweger's project.

Who do you all think could/should play Eddie Mercury?

How about a biopic on Chuck Berry? I'd like to see Don Cheadle in the lead.

I'm anxious to see the Bobby Darin flick starring Kevin Spacey with Kate Bosworth as Sandra Dee. It's due out around Christmas.

obvious: _THE BEATLES_

While I'd love to see this also, I think that there'd be way too much animosity and critical press by reviewers and especially fans over any interpretation of this band. Even with surviving Beatles on board as consultants it would likely be condemned by many who want a definitive (read: their point of view) account. Hopefully, Oliver Stone won't get his hands on it !

Pink Floyd's story might be might be more feasible as currently it's all against one --- or even Led Zep ,who have some wicked stories, but who have mostly kissed and made up. :thumbsup:

I hate bio pics... "The Rose", about janis Joplin, or any about The Beatles... or whoever... It´s never the same. I didn´t like the one about the Doors, I can´t imagine these original songs performed like karaoke... well, like playback, by some other people...

I love the documentaries... they have real footage.

Don´t blame me for this... :angel:

I hate bio pics... "The Rose", about janis Joplin, or any about The Beatles... or whoever... It´s never the same. I didn´t like the one about the Doors, I can´t imagine these original songs performed like karaoke... well, like playback, by some other people...

I love the documentaries... they have real footage.

Don´t blame me for this... :angel:

edna, though the ones you've mentioned were poor I think there have been some very good ones, too. Like LaBamba (Richie Valens), The Buddy Holly Story, Love Me Or Leave Me (The Ruth Etting Story), Sid and Nancy, What's Love Got To Do With It (Tina Turner), Great Balls of Fire (Jerry Lee Lewis)and Mr. Rock and Roll (Alan Freed).

Really? Maybe you´re right, "La Bamba" was not bad... I didn´t see the others (part of "Syd and Vicious", didn´t like, the same as for the one of Tina Turner... but I just saw parts of it, so I can´t really speak about it...)

Maybe I should get me the dvd of some you mention... I´d like to see the one about Alan Freed...

By the way, Hi, UncleJoe!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup:

edna, though the ones you've mentioned were poor I think there have been some very good ones, too. Like LaBamba (Richie Valens), The Buddy Holly Story, Love Me Or Leave Me (The Ruth Etting Story), Sid and Nancy, What's Love Got To Do With It (Tina Turner), Great Balls of Fire (Jerry Lee Lewis)and Mr. Rock and Roll (Alan Freed).