Best Christmas Movies

Mike

I personally Love "A Christmas Story" - The leg lamp, the B-B gun, and the tongue stuck to the pole -hahahaha

It's a wonderful life will always be my VERY favorite though!

And coming in second is National Lampoons Christmas Vacation. ~ Clark Griswald: Where do you think you're going? Nobody's leaving. Nobody's walking out on this fun, old-fashioned family Christmas. No, no. We're all in this together. This is a full-blown, four-alarm holiday emergency here. We're gonna press on, and we're gonna have the hap, hap, happiest Christmas since Bing Crosby tap-danced with Danny friggin Kaye. And when Santa squeezes his fat white butt down that chimney tonight, he's gonna find the jolliest bunch of idiots this side of the nuthouse.

"look, it says FRA-GEELEE...why that must be Italian."

"No, honey, i think that says ""Fragile""

YOULL SHOOT YOUR EYE OUT KID!

OH FUDGE!

Lemme tell you what we do every Christmas Eve.

We MUST have A Christmas Story going on, on at least ONE TV...for the full 24 hour marathon. I LOVE that movie. The sequel to it sucks. Ok...its not a sequel really, just a movie with the same characters. I forget what its called even.

Oh well....RALPHIE ROCKS! :rockon:

The animated version of the Grinch always used to come on telly when I was younger and that thing scared me silly! I was sad for him because he had no friends and it was Christmas and all he wanted was a little happiness and all...but that thing was terrifying! They stopped broadcasting it a few years back, and now we just get a range of budget made-for-TV films :( But this will be my forst proper Christmas in the UK, so I'm counting on the BBC to bring us quality entertainment....

Perhaps we shall have to rent a good Christmas movie from Blockbuster. ::

Oh, hands down it's "A Christmas Story", ("Randy lay there like a slug; it was his only defense.") but I love all the versions of that old classic "A Christmas Carol", especially the "Scrooge" musical starring Albert Finney and "Scrooged" starring Bill Murray.

And honorable mention goes to:

"Christmas Vacation" - obviously (Love your post, Rog)

"The Year Without a Santa Claus" (the Heat Miser f***in' rules!)

the original cartoon "Grinch" is one of my personal heroes

"Black Christmas" (you gotta love a good slasher movie during the holidays)

and "Lethal Weapon" - the original....well, it took place during Christmastime.

:afro: :afro: :afro: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :jester:

My favorite part is when his mom says "I want to know where you heard that word!"

And he's thinking "Now, I had heard my old man say that word at least 10 times a day"

And of course, who can forget the first time you saw it, and got to the payoff...?

"I had done it! I had shot my eye out!"

Probably the single most funny moment in Christmas movie history.