Considerations

Nicolina-Maria29648

Okey dokey...so y'all may or may not know that E.E. Cummings (note the capitalization...yes, the lawyers finally resolved this issue!!) is my favorite poet and one of my greatest influences. Coupled with James Joyce, you get one mean, slightly confusing piece of prose. So basically, this is a stream-of-consciousness poem with Cummingsesque spacing, punctuation, capitalization and intended spelling errors (note: attentionspan...get it? hehe). Basically, this was my train of thought at 12:45 am in the form of a poem.

Considerations

and taking into account

all that I have done

to create this Invalid Dream?

i consider what i have finally come

to realize

is nothing more

than a short attentionspan

&

a desire for something

that my Mind cannot quite wrap around.

and yet

? in all seriousness ?

i still believe that i might

?OneDay?

just touch that Wishing-Star;

ven if only

with my Eyes.

We've finally found freedom of a different kind
~A girl to her horse

Um, Kevin - helps to read the synopsis before jumping into the story.

you get one mean, slightly confusing piece of prose. So basically, this is a stream-of-consciousness poem with Cummingsesque spacing, punctuation, capitalization and intended spelling errors (note: attentionspan...get it? hehe). Basically, this was my train of thought at 12:45 am in the form of a poem.

Nikki, quite interesting in terms of the flow. As a whole, as a poem, it doesn't quite work for me (I'm more traditionalist when it comes to prose) but it's new and unusual and that's cool :thumbsup: I like the last stanza's feeling.

I'm a bit of a punctuation junkie, so I thought this was really interesting. As someone who fears an elipsis, I loved the random elements paying off with the shortattentionspan line. The last few lines lost me (ven?), but the first half is outstanding.