Baby It's Cold Outside - "Hiccup" sounding version

windy1

Allright y'all. My daughter has just called me with a question. Who all can you think of that's done the duet? She heard it on the radio, on a pop station, and it's not the new (gag) Jessica Simpson one. She says at the end the girl kind of hiccups the lyrics. I told her I'd throw it out for you guys. Can you help? ::

Yeah, I know me too. I don't think it's real recent, the station plays an "eclectic mix". Whatever that is. C'mon who? Anyone. Didn't Janet Gaynor and Bing do the original? It could be anyone. She's gonna be calling me, help!

Come to think of it, I do like the song. Now it's stuck in my head!

Was that the original bluesboy? I can accept that. Sounds reasonable to me. Does Ella hiccup? I don't think that is her vesion. Anyone else? You don't know my daughter. Since her accident(not being funny here) she gets on a tangent about stuff like this. she's not going to let up. Really.

I don't know the answer

there's lots of choices

how about

Petula Clark and Rod McKuen?

Bette Midler and James Caan?

Bebe Neuwith and John Lithgow?

Esther Williams and Ricardo Montalban?

Vanessa Williams and Bobby Caldwell?

Pearl Bailey and Hot Lips Page?

Steve Lawrence and Eydie Gorme?

Dinah Shore and Buddy Clark?

Phil Harris and Alice Faye?

Windy, maybe tell her to go online to the radio station

site and see if you can click to the playlists :)

• 2 weeks later...

Had to respond to the "Jessica Simpson (Nick Lachey)" version. I actually think it's great! It's a really good updated version of the original 'Frank Loesse' song recorded for the motion picture "Neptune's Daughter" I believe it was recorded by 'Johnny Mercer And Margaret Whiting'. I did not see that duo in the list of replies, don't think there are any hiccups in it though!

• 2 weeks later...

Thank You to all!!

I have checked out all, and others besides, and burned an entire cd of Baby It's Cold Outside for my daughter's stocking, as a joke. Guess what? The one she heard was there! I cannot remember which one it was, and we were sooo tired of hearing that song. But all of a sudden, there it was! Let me tell you, we can do a he** of a duet on that song now! I have to be the guy. ::

• 2 weeks later...

I just saw the movie "Neptune's Daughter" the other night. It is the movie where "Baby It's Cold Outside" was first heard. It's actually kind of amusing as the scene takes place in Southern Cailfornia in mid-summer.

It was first sung in the movie by Ricardo Montalban and Esther Williams in a scene where she is trying to convince him to leave her sister alone. She wants to leave; he wants her to stay. When they finish there is an immediate cut-away to Red Skelton and Betty Garret (playing Esther's sister) singing the song. He wants to leave; she wants him to stay. It's a hilarious juxtaposition of the roles.

The movie was released in 1949 and that same year Johnny Mercer and Margaret Whiting released the first recording of the song to be played on the radio. Zillions of performers have done it, including Zooey Deschanel and Leon Redbone during the end credits of "Elf". She also sings it with Will Ferrel in the movie while she's in the shower. Funny scene. She doesn't know he's there. But, I think JM/MW version is the best.

My two cents.

• 1 year later...