Message in a bottle -acoustic version

Brian

Anyone know where I can find the acoustic version of 'Message in a Bottle' by Sting?

It's not available on any of the download sites: Musicmatch, Napster, or iTunes. This song was-to the best of my knowledge-in a boxed set titled 'Tantra'. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

I did a google search and "Tantra" was the only source for this acoustic version that I could find.

I'm a huge Police fan but have not been interested in much of Sting's work during the last several years. I knew that I had heard this "acoustic" version many times in concert, but didn't know where to find an actual recording of it.

Thanks Eggplant.

I did some more searching and found out that there is an ECD with this song on it. I used "ALL THIS TIME ECD" in Google and found various ECD's on sale at Half.com with this song on it. Anyone know exactly what they mean by ECD? Can it only be played through a CD ROM? Can I go in and explore the CD and extract the music song to a regular file? Or is there any other way to transfer it to a regular format?

Thanks for any help!

PS If no one knows, I'll soon find out I just ordered one. ::

ECD means Enhanced CD. It will play in all normal CD players and you should be able to record the audio files to your computer providing there's no ecncryption software on the disc to prevent you from doing this. It can be played in a CD-ROM drive as well.

The audio tracks on an ECD are the same as on a normal CD. What the enhanced term means is that there is some other stuff on the disc as well that can be accessed via your computer. These are usually things such as video clips, screensavers, pictures, etc.

Hope this answers your questions.

UPDATE: I received the "All This Time" ECD by Sting, and unfortunately, there is no way to extract the audio files of this song-or any song for that matter-from either CD-ROM. The ECD is more like a Windows 95 game than a CD. In short you walk around a medevil area and go into buildings, churches, and each time you learn a little history of Sting and some of the songs on the list.

The description at Half.com describes it like this:

Song List

1. When We Dance - (acoustic version)

2. Fragile - (acoustic version)

3. Message In A Bottle - (acoustic version)

4. Down So Long

Album Notes

ALL THIS TIME is a CD-ROM package featuring audio, video and text compiled in one interactive environment for IBM compatible computers with Windows 95. Special features include a segment on Sting's past and current movie roles, live music performances, and artwork commissioned by Sting tying in to the themes of his songs.

I still haven't been able to find the audio tracks on the ECD. It is not like popping in a CD and pressing the play button. On this ECD you have to navigate through a maze to find them. I should mention that I didnt play with it that long. Maybe when I get some free time I will try again.

I thought I would pass this info along in case you were considering getting the ECD too. The other reason is to renew my search for this song.... as stated in my original post. :D

Thanks in advance!