Baby Elvish

Elvish

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hehe, thought that might be the case!! so because i'm sick of cleaning and have nothing better to do, here you go:

aoibh - eve

aoibheann: eve-ann

roisin: row-sheen

maeve: may-v

fionnuala: finn-ool-ah

caoimhe: quee-vah

saoirse: sear-shah

sian: shan

sadhbh: sigh-v

deirdre: dear-dra

doireann: dear-in

eoin: oh-in

cian: key-in

naoise: knee-shah

ciaran: key-rin

kevin

diarmuid: dear-mid

danann

colm

aodh - ay

caoimhin - quee veen

oisin - osh-een

that should help, or else totally confuse you!!

oh mairi, i forgot scott, andrew and sam - i love all those names. and actually i'm loving your name at the mo too! it's like my gran's name (maire) but a little different. definitely a contender when my little one comes along (not for 7/8 years not for 7/8 years touch wood touch wood touch wood!!!)

I know, I'm a little late (been out of commission due to another joy of parenthood--baby bringing home illnesses from daycare!)

Anyway, congratulations and best wishes for a healthy pregnancy, uncomplicated delivery and a healthy baby. Enjoy every movement and kick and don't listen to people when they tell you you'll spoil him if you carry him too much....trust me, once they learn to walk, they walk away, so hold on while you can.

Oh, yeah. Once a kid learns to walk, they get a whole new personality. It's as if they say, "Hey, I have my own set of wheels, what do I need you for?"

You child will do something to make you laugh every day.

I remember the first ultra sound picture. I got home from work, and my wife said,

"You see that black dot? That's the baby"

"What's that other black dot?"

"That's the other baby"

Man, it's been on ever since. I've worn a lot of hats in my day, but "Dad" is my favorite.

Congrats and cheers, Elvish!!!!! Take good care of yourself, watch your calcium levels, don´t smoke, have a peacefull and happy pregnancy and we´ll be happy to see the real picture of baby Elvish... how much expectant are you? I mean, is it a couple of months, can you already tell if it´s a boy?

It´s a boy, hey Songfactors, It´s a boy!

Keeps us informated and don´t smoke, remember... ah, and don´t let the others smoke near you!

These are some great names, guys. They say he's a boy, and he certainly looked like one on the latest ultrasound. But it doesn't hurt to have girl names handy, just in case! Stranger things have happened.

And, Jr. - Ayla is great! I love the entire Earth's Children series. ::

Would you consider Mahatma? Say it...Ma-hat-ma!

Deeper. That's it. Ma-hat-ma! Resonant.

Boy or girl....Mahatma!

How does it sound with your last name?

Because Mahatma Lipschutz just doesn't get it.

Mahatma Jones on the other hand, way cool.

Play with it a little. It'll grow on ya. (geez, I'm sorry about the way that sounds).

I do get them mixed up quite often, though.

For some odd reason, you reminded me of Bill Cosby - Himself.

It was because of my father that from the ages of seven to fifteen, I thought that my name was Jesus Christ and my brother, Russell, thought that his name was Dammit. "Dammit, will you stop all that noise?" And, "Jesus Christ, sit down!"

One day, I'm out playing in the rain, and my father yelled, "Dammit will you get back in here!" I said, "Dad, I'm Jesus Christ!"

Would you consider Mahatma? Say it...Ma-hat-ma!

Deeper. That's it. Ma-hat-ma! Resonant.

Boy or girl....Mahatma!

How does it sound with your last name?

Because Mahatma Lipschutz just doesn't get it.

Mahatma Jones on the other hand, way cool.

Play with it a little. It'll grow on ya. (geez, I'm sorry about the way that sounds).

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

UncleJoe, you should have a TV show of your own... by the way, my mother´s name is Lipschutz... but we never call her more than "Ma..."