Disney movies

Mike

I may have to get older...but I refuse to grow-up!

I still love the old Disney films from yesteryear, they still make some good ones... but there's somethin' about those oldies I love. I remember Sunday evenings in the seventies..."The wonderful world of Disney" show would present something with Dean Jones or Fred MacMurray maybe Kurt Russell or something.

Anyone care to elaborate on their favorite Disney films?

i absolutely love the disney animated movies (not the made-for-tv movie rubbish!). the best ones for me are the little mermaid, beauty and the beast and aladdin, although i do love so many more. i used to sing ariel's song to myself all the same when i went swimming and pretend i was a mermaid. when i was younger i had a little book of cinderella, you know those ones where you flip the pages to make a little movie. it was of her changing from her rags into her beautiful gown for the ball. i used to flip it back and forth for hours, it kept me entertained on many long car journeys (while my little brother played with his star com, love that too!). my best friend and i are crazy about the disney princesses and we decided one day that she must be jasmine because she has long dark hair and i'm cinderella. although i wouldn't mind being aurora either... hmmm strange girl i am

Loved some of those movies, PF. Especially:

"Bedknobs and Broomsticks"-- Angela Lansbury

"Blackbeard's Ghost "-- Peter Ustinov/ Dean Jones

The animated "Robin Hood"/ "The Sword in the Stone"/" The Aristocats"

Any of the Davey Crockett series ( or was it Daniel Boone ?)

"20,000 Leagues Under the Sea" -- James Mason/ Kirk Douglas

I do recall groaning , though, when it was one of those animal adventures , quasi- documentaries !

As a side note, anyone remember those little booklets with the 45 RPM record based on Disney stories/movies ? ::

P.S Muzik :" I'm the king of the swingers, the jungle V.I.P., I've reached the top, and had to stop..and that's what's bothering me ..." Weren't some of these songs written by Hoagy Carmicheal ?

Disney movies back in the '50s and '60s were a real

treat, either at the movie theater or on tv. I remember we always used

to ask our parents if we could stay up and watch Bonanza right after Disney.

here's more -

Swiss Family Robinson

Peter Pan

The Parent Trap

Mary Poppins

Old Yeller :puppyeyes:

The Absent Minded Professor

The Shaggy Dog

oooooh i wanna be where the people are,

i wanna see, wanna see em dancin'.

walkin around on those

(whaddaya call em) oh - feet

flippin your fins you don't get too far

legs are required for jumpin', dancin'

strollin' along down a

(what's that word again?) street

i'm tellin' ya, this could go on forever... don't tempt me!!!